Great Just Great

by unique1 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

I'm sorry you are going through that. I like the advice to simply tell them you forgive them and you are open to communication, and then leave it up to them.

They really don't know they are in the position to be the one asking for forgiveness. They think they are doing the right thing and that it would be the only way to help you (more like force you) to go back. They think you know what you did and what would happen and you brought all of it on yourself, but they really don't see how what they are doing is so wrong.

Try to look at it as a disappointment, but one that you can eventually learn to live with. You really need to do whatever you can to take care of yourself. Getting upset is only hurting you. You can't control how they treat you. It's too frustrating to even try. Writing to them so often with no response seems to put you in a submissive position, which I wouldn't have a great feeling about.

It'll get easier with time. Hang in there.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

U1:

That is the lure of apocolyptic religions, and cults. They foster an "Us Against Them" mentality and that is how they keep their members, and their members' children. They say they do it "because of love." That is DEFINITELY not the definition of love. I am sure that your parents love you, but they do it by the book of the religion. They are not in control of their right minds. However much it hurts us that are not in the religion anymore, we have to remember how it was when we WERE there so that we can understand... Then we can better understand them, and be less hurt.

It's always going to hurt. That may be why a lot of them go back, just like the Amish kids after Rumschpringer, and alot of the Mormon kids. The religion is the way of life, and there is no getting around that. That is painful, but true. It's only when the light of truth shines on them that they get an inkling that this is not the way its supposed to be. Remember the scripture, I think in matthew, that says there will be no "natural love." Well, natural love is between parents and children... and that just about describes what the Witnesses do to those family members that decide they don't wanna be JW's... it's almost unnatural.

Keep yer head up, you never know what's comin yer way....

CG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit