Great Just Great

by unique1 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• unique1
    unique1

Well, since I DA'd my parents have shunned me. They have however replied to my emails inquiring as to their health and such. Every few months I send them an email telling them how I am and asking them how they are. They alway reply with "we are fine, thanks for asking". I have offered to call them, but have been turned down.

Tuesday I do my bimonthly email. Hey how are you? Liking your new house? etc. No reply. So I wait a few days. By Friday I am worried that something may have happened to them. Sunday, still no reply. So this morning I called my mothers work because I was really really getting worried. She answered and I just hung up. I am so mad and hurt by them. You can't reply to a freaking email saying hey we aren't dead yet?? You have in the past why stop now with no explination?

My hubby thinks they probably just had a talk or something about it and feel they are being more loving by having absolutely no contact with me at all. He is probably right. I went to the Dr. today and found out that my BP is through the roof again. I told her about what was going on with my parents and she wants me to start counseling again to see if I can get the BP down again. I am 29 and on BP medicine and it was still 141/100. Admittedly I did drink quite a bit after the UNC loss last night, but I still think the pure anger from that phone call I made this morning had something to do with it. Here I go again. I just needed to vent.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

BP? wuts that? Sorry you going through this mess.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I know the feeling unique1. The talk recently at the assembly I understand from this board is that they arent to have any contact with inactive ones now beyond the family emergency and unavoidables so I'm guessing if you are not dfed you fall into that category hon. I tried doing the same by letter with my folks but the lack of any response only made me hurt more. So in December I phoned and didnt give them chance to put the phone down but said what I needed to say and told them I forgave them and that they could pretend I didnt exist from now on as I would not bother them again, but that my heart, door and ears were open to them should they ever want to get in touch. I feel much more at peace now for that. Maybe you could consider the same. You know at least if they die that counts as an emergency and you will be informed...

Your BP should not be so high at 29! Do what you have to find peace and health!

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings unique1,

:but I still think the pure anger from that phone call I made this morning had something to do with it.

That'll do it. Sorry to hear your parents are ignoramuses when it comes to their own daughter. Shame on them.

Dismembered

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

WAC- BP is blood pressure, doof!!

Sorry about your parents. My mom used to go thru phases where sometimes she's talk to us, sometimes she wouldn't. Just depended on what the latest studies were about. When they get on the bandwagon about talking to non-jw's, there'd be limited contact. But now, she talks when she wants something. If only she'd go back to NOT talking to me!!

Take care of that BP!!

• What-A-Coincidence
  • unique1
    unique1

Thanks guys.

Yes BP is blood pressure. Sorry. I should have explained that. It isn't heriditary and I exercise and eat right, so I think the reason it is so high has got to be part mental. It had gone down quite a bit after I Disassociated and got that heavy weight off of me. This morning it was higher than it has been all year.

"LOVING" Yeah right. I remember reading something about an article recently about when a loved one leaves Jah. Perhaps that was what did it. I don't know when their assemblies are. I guess there could have been a talk also. God only knows. A heads up would have been nice. Like an email stating that they would no longer reply to me. Guess that would have been too unloving to send.

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

I know what you are going though. My mom will go some time occasionally without replying to my e-mails. If I try to call her, she'll hang up on me but she will send short e-mails. It'll probably phase with more contact and then less over time. I know I can't stop trying to talk to her no matter how much I want to.

• anewme
    anewme

The same phenomenon has occurred to me too Unique1!
    I have stayed in contact via email with my ex these past 6 years.
    And all of a sudden the friendly emails have stopped.
    I contacted my fleshly brother and he called my ex and found him to be in good spirits.
    So I think what Crumpet reported must be true-----the borg has clamped down on the cult members even more so. They are under strict orders to quit all contact with dfd, DA'd, and with even those who are in otherwise good standing but who are irregular meeting attenders!

I fear for them more than ever now! They are being encouraged to cut off all contact and stay off the internet sites.

I think we should email them and send them letters and call now more than ever and somehow try to reach them with the truth that they are in bondage to a weird cult.

For a long time I have been on the defensive with these people, but that is going to change.

• unique1
    unique1

Renee: Doesn't it just drive you insane?? I am a worrier by nature anyways, so if I don't hear from someone who I know checks their email everyday, then I start to think "What if they were in an accident?" I don't have any siblings who would call me and god knows no one in the cong would. My uncles and aunts may but even that is kind of touch and go as they are all slightly nutty. Maybe that is where I get it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit