I cant continue to live like this i really need help

by Tryin2FindAnewMe 48 Replies latest jw experiences

• alotlikemay
    alotlikemay

Crumpet - thanks but how sad is that for you!

such a lot of sad things to be read on this forum - makes me annoyed sometimes when people think JWs are harmless, just freaky people who are laughable... it is not harmless or funny at all! it's responsible for some real tragedies ... so sad

• dawg
    dawg

Dude, it seems so bad right now because the sensation is so new and you are alone for the most part. I've been going through this crap for 17 years and whenever the WT dictates changes so does the way my family treats me. I wrote them (my family) a letter last week because my sister told me that she wanted us to be a family again... Guit trip! So I wrote her reinteratiing how the WT are men and not Gods mouthpiece complete with a list of crazy crap they've done the last few years; they were talking to me now they won't. Here's the fact, you got that scolarship just like I did at UGA because you're smart; your family, sad to say are brainwashed idiots just like mine. Keep your head and move on, get away from them meet new friends and try become happy again. If you need someone to shoot the bull with you always have me. Huff

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Tryin2FindAnewMe~I am sorry you lost your scolarship, but I agree with others...you got that scholarxhip because you are smart and you have the ability. Now, you just have to aproach it a different way. It may be a bit harder, but you may find that you lwarn a mess of things you may not have the other way that will be most valuable to you. I think you are young and everything is still in front of you. This all is gravy.

BTW...Welcome to the board.

Decki

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

Awww, sweety! hugs!

You should go to whatever college or university is nearby and check out their counselling and/or admissions department.

Explain to the counsellor with whom you meet that you were caught up in a religious cult and as a result declined the scholarship at U, etc. and that you would like some help in re-starting your life.

I feel sure that someone there could and would be very happy to help you with everything you need to know to get back into school and to get some vocational direction.

Best wishes and good luck! Things will get better for you. Hang in there!

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Hello! You're only 19 years old! You've got a lot of life to live and you've got youth on your side. This religion trips your mind up! It's ok to let it go and to be happy. Don't let what some man dreamed up as rules to follow stop you. They've twisted the bible with a corporation and God!? Very, very, confusing! I'm sure that you'll be able to reason it out, that is, if you let yourself do it. The trick is they've got you thinking that to question your religion is questioning god. Not so! Find a good therapist regarding the cult mind set. Yes! It's a cult! You won't be struck down by God for questioning this! Now, your mom? That's a hard one. Just because she stuck in the cult doesn't mean that you have to be. I don't know how you can get her out or how to make her understand. I have daughters that are shunning me. . .

You hang in there! Doors/windows will start to open up. Just open your mind!

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

One more thing. You can always get another scholarship! Just do a search in the field that you're interested in. If you're considered independent, and you meet the income requirements, you should be eligible for Perkins Loans, grants for low income, as well as Student Loans. This will get you started; and after you ACE all of your first year's exams, the scholarships will start flying in!

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

((((((((Tryin2FindAnewMe))))))) Thank goodness you've made your exodus from the borganization when you've got your whole adult life ahead of you, sweetie! Just think if you'd hung around wallowin' in that crapola for another 30 or 40 yrs.! I wasted the best part of my adulthood on those monsters and am sorry for every wasted minute of it. I'm tryin' really hard to make lemonade out of what's left.

You've been given some terrific advice from the posters here on how to go about getting your education back on track. Take it, chere!

And welcome to the JWD forum, sweetie!

Hugs,

Frannie

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Hill Motor Corporation Power of Community Scholarship

Provided by:Hill Motor Corporation
    Deadline:June 01, 2007
    Award Amount
    $1000
    Awards Available
    Varies
    Type of Award
    Essay

http://www.hillmotorcorp.com Tylenol Brand Scholarship Fund

Provided by:TYLENOL Brand Scholarship Fund
    Deadline:September 30, 2007
    Award Amount
    Minimum: $1000
    Maximum: $5000
    Awards Available
    Type of Award
    Scholarship

http://scholarship.tylenol.com Evalee C. Schwarz Charitable Trust for Education

Provided by:Private Foundation Services, Inc.
    Deadline:April 15, 2007
    Award Amount
    Minimum: $5000
    Maximum: $15000
    Awards Available
    Varies
    Type of Award
    Loan

The Evalee C. Schwarz Charitable Trust for Education provides interest-free loans to undergraduate and postgraduate students who demonstrate exceptional academic performance and financial need. You must be a U.S. citizen, have an Expected Family Contribution (EFC) of $4,000 or less and attend school in the state in which you reside. You must also have an outstanding combination of standardized test scores (ranking in the top 10% of scores nationally) and grades. Law students or pre-law students are not eligible to apply. http://www.evaleeschwarztrust.org

• TheListener
    TheListener

Trying2find,

I am glad you found this site. You'll meet a lot of nice helpful people. You will also get a good view of lots of different belief systems.

Please feel free to post your feelings here. You will get a listening ear.

Good luck.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit