I cant continue to live like this i really need help

by Tryin2FindAnewMe 48 Replies latest jw experiences

• mouthy
    mouthy

None of my family speak to me - not a single one. Crumpet !!!I am still your adopted Granny

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    Crumpet !!!I am still your adopted Granny

Oh bless you - so you are! See what I mean tryintofindanewme? Even if you don't find a new you - you'll find new sisters, grannies, aunties, uncles, brothers and even husbands as is the case with Xena and Little Toe!

Thank you Granny! I wish I had been able to come see you last time I was in Canada - next time for sure - you and Mary must have me for tea and crumpets!

• Tryin2FindAnewMe
    Tryin2FindAnewMe

Thank u so much. i really can see what everyone is saying in regards to help. it really feels as though i have stumbled across a goldmine. i will continue to read and learn. also as soon as i can i will try to get into school again. thank u so much i started crying when i read how much everyone cares. i'm not alone and thats great

• flipper
    flipper

Dear Tryin, please keep going. So many have gone through terrible times after leaving...in the future it is worth it to have freedom and love of real friends. It sure does take time to get through. If you can get counselling to help you cope, also so much is available here in shared experiences and encouragement. Also, keep in mind that some JWs, consciously or not, will try to reinforce any bad feelings you have now in order to reinforce their own beliefs (they are taught that leaving the org ruins your life) I have seen it make them almost crazy to see someone come out and flourish - find happy relationships, good jobs, a real closeness to God. You did not leave Jehovah. That organisation twisted away from God a long time ago. Wish you the very best. Flipper

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

Tryin2 : Welcome!

You came to the right place! So many of us have gone thru similar experiences. You`re in a hard place now, but just know that there is a place for you too in this world, and that eventually, you will get to that place. Hang in there!

• unique1
    unique1

WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!

Hang in there. If you have insurance and you are depressed, most insurances will let you see a therapist for free. Also you can go to meetup.com and find an ex JW group in your area. It is free to sign up. Most Group leaders stop paying for the service because the it costs so much, but many will leave their email address up there so others can contact them directly and meet up for free.

GOOD LUCK!!

• alotlikemay
    alotlikemay

some great advice here, I can't add to it. Junction and geevee made good points, too....

thing is, while ever you're thinking you left God, you will torment yourself! if you really believe that, then actually I'd advise you to go back to it... under no circumstances do I think anyone should ever leave God....

but in fact, you didn't leave God - like Junction said, you left an organisation. In so doing you may actually find God!

I 'wasted' 22 years (ages 15-37) in the organisation. Lost a lot of opportunities - but got most of them back, it's been incredible. The one thing I lost and will not get back is (as I've posted elsewhere) the ability to have children - didn't get married and have kids 'cos i pioneered and thought that was the right thing to do. Now it's too late, can't have kids 'cos I'm going through the menopause, and it's a real cause of grief in many ways because I'm a woman and it's built into me to bear children. I won't ever hold my own baby in my arms or have the challenge of bringing a child up.

Life can be full of regrets. The thing is to overcome the regret and sadness and get on with the future, take the new opportunities life brings us - because it surely does.

• jelcat8224
    jelcat8224

hang in there! I am and I'm sure everyone here is very proud of you. I have only been a member here for a day myself but I am SOOOOO glad to be here! I think this is the most important thing we can do to get ourselves through this mess!! Good luck to you!!!

• Gerard
    Gerard

Hello. I have taken councelling in college only as a last-resort and was amazed at the positive effect. I felt stOopid for not doing it before. Please look for councelling and be not ashamed even taking antidepressant medication for a while.

You are very young and so many doors can be opened. Hang in there!!!!!

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

I also suggest counseling. If you get back to school, the school will usually offer it for free. Also, a lot of churches offer it for free or low cost. I know a local place that is income based and when I was first starting counseling, it cost me 5 bucks a visit.

You would be amazed at how much of a positive effect the counseling can give you. They can help you in so many ways to get a handle on things .

The best advice I can think to give you is to take just one day at a time. For now, don't worry about your future. Just worry about what will make you be proud of yourself for today. Definately try to get back into school though.

Renee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit