BEER THREAD

by nvrgnbk 403 Replies latest jw friends

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    one brwed by Belgian Monks that is wonderful but is ages since I have had it

Hey stilla, give me some clues and I'm sure we can help you remember the name.

Corsendonk, Rodenbach, Duvel, Leffe, Chimay, Orval, St. Bernardus, Trappistes Rochefort, Westmalle Trappist? Ringing any bells?

Nvr

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Trappistes Rochefort

THANKYOU - YES WONDERFUL. Some British beers ar eexcellent - Bishops Finger; Witches Tit; one that Ross May know Lorimers 80 shillings

• skeptic1914
    skeptic1914

Thank goodness BA mentioned DOGFISH and SMUTTYNOSE. Also what about LAGUNITAS Rich Copper Ale. Or AVENTINUS, a rich german beer with a hint of cloves.

Skeptic1914

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Glad to be of assistance in this most important matter! LOL!

Yes the British Isles got some good uns. I like Boddington's myself. Creamy and dreamy.

And of course Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout. It's the breakfast of champions.

Good to see ya stilla, you've helped me alot over my lurking years.

Nvr

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    AVENTINUS, a rich german beer with a hint of cloves.

Skeptic1914

Ah, yes. A man after my own heart. One beer encyclopedia describes Schneider Aventinus thusly:

Complex, rich, malty, with notes of raisins, figs, and plums, spicy(the cloves you so skillfully detect and cinnamon). 8% alcohol( zoinks! ) with a dry, peppery finish.( I think I'm in love. )

Nvr

• skeptic1914
    skeptic1914

BTW I love this: Nvrdrnkchpbr

We are definitely on the same page there

Skeptic1914

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

BTW I love this: Nvrdrnkchpbr

We are definitely on the same page there

Skeptic1914

Praise the Lord of the Beers, brother! A real heartfelt amen to ya Skeptic1914.

BTW, what's 1914? LOL!

Thanks,

Nvr

• blondie
    blondie

Being German, I especially like a good beer. I was born liking German beer, it took awhile to develop my taste for wine.

Many areas have microbreweries and it is worth it to try their wares out. I live in an area of the US settled by Germans and Swiss, so beer is good and very important.

Remember in Germany the brewmaster is second only to God or is God second only to the brewmaster?

Blondie

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Being German, I especially like a good beer. I was born liking German beer, it took awhile to develop my taste for wine.

Many areas have microbreweries and it is worth it to try their wares out. I live in an area of the US settled by Germans and Swiss, so beer is good and very important.

Remember in Germany the brewmaster is second only to God or is God second only to the brewmaster?

Blondie

Uh oh guys, Blondie's here! Better behave. LOL!

Good one! That merits one of these.

Thanks,

Nvrdrnkbdlght( Sorry buttlight LOL!)

• Quentin
    Quentin

Nothing exotic.....over the years stayed with these beers...

Old Milwaukee

Lone Star

Shiner

Pabst Blue Ribbon

Hamm's

Tecate... with lime of course...just about any dark beer and Coors when it came to Texas in the sixties...have always drank my beer with a little salt...sadly, due to medications I take, my beer drinking days are over... but, on rare occasions will have a beer or two for old time sake... you do get thirsty for a beer now and again...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit