The GB and Field Service Activity

by karnage 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Room 215
    Room 215

This will give you some idea of how it was with the Bethel Big Shots of the mid-sixties and early seventies (when I was there), and I doubt it's changed very much since:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/16156/1.ashx

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Thanks for reposting Room 215. I missed your post from back then. It's people like you who's experiences I enjoy reading about.

Dismembered

• onacruse
    onacruse

I was 4-something in the Towers (I think 414; there were the labels on the backs of my shirts, eh?). At the corner of the Tower's.

• karnage
    karnage

I remember when it was said in the meetings that after a time, the message of getting people to come to know about Jehovah will end, and the message of death will begin at a certain time. Interesting how they never pointed out just when that time would occur. I can just see it now, the R & F will be out telling people that they are going to die at the end of the system of things, and the GB will sit back in their posh little offices at the Society.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    I do not think many would deny that the Bethelites work hard. I would not like their schedules. However, if the preaching work is the most important activity ,then it should be the most important activity across the board.

The GB recognized that the preaching is most important, so they freed many Bethelites from their WTS HQ assignments,
    and sent them to "the field."

Since they have too much to do, they send others.

• PEC
    PEC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit