Letter from mom... A memorial tract!

by Fleshybirdfodder 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Fleshybirdfodder
    Fleshybirdfodder

I'm now part of an elite club of memorial invitees.... My mother mailed each of her Satanic children without any hope for the future a one page tract reminding us of this important date. No accompanying letter, no "how are you?" NOTHING but the rhetoric filled tract re-explaining how we can all benefit from this "important occasion".

My one sister was a pioneer and a missionary, my other sister was a pioneer. I was a witless most of my life. It's not like we don't know the date when Elvis Jesus with his huge hair (I hated the superman swirl they always drew on him) "died upon a tree, to set all mankind free." While we insult real Christians by just passing the emblems and turning our noses up at them.

I toyed with the idea of responding, but decided it wasn't worth the effort. You can't reach someone with glazed eyes and a world view controlled solely by GB spoon feeding. My sister called me today and said she will respond, though not in a nasty way and asked me to edit the letter (she knows how much I love this board and my true apostate self ). I'd like to help her but really would just like to ignore it. I don't think there is a point. I thought about mailing her a copy of Crisis of Conscience with no accompanying letter but she would drop it like hot coals and press number one on her speed dial to get the elders over to do an exorcism. Mostly I'm p*ssed because I know she is counting her time mailing us this tripe (all of us are still technically baptised.) This is just a visceral reaction, and I'd appreciate any advice on what I should do.

FBF

:

• TheHypnoToad
    TheHypnoToad

I got one as well, along with some WT and Awake's that my mom "thought I would like". Just went were most of the JW books went last weekend to the dump. Must have through out 40+ books last weekend.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

As somebody who never hears from their family at all, I'd send a short card back to mum telling her how much you love her and how happy you are, not even mentioning the tract. It's kind of the same game but played using different language; she's telling you the most important thing to her, and so are you. Neither of you care to hear what the other says, but at least you're still talking.

• Fleshybirdfodder
    Fleshybirdfodder

Thanks sass,

You're absolutely right. I love my mom very much. And I know she loves me, and would like to think she is conflicted... but I can't. Nor can I bring myself to just laugh it off and move on and label it as conditional love. I don't want to convert her. Just want a meaningful conversation now and then where we can agree to disagree. This Mexican standoff B.S. is killing me.

FBF

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

You could put yourself up for adoption.

• Jankyn
    Jankyn

Fleshy bird fodder--I just love your name!

• rebel8
    rebel8

I put them through my shredder and mail them back.

• anewme
    anewme

No one wanted to waste a tract on me, I just received an email notice!

Like you, no hello or how are you?

Very weird. My take on it is this: The Society is bearing down on the members, more and stronger talks about the dangers of associating or even giving the appearance (to the angels of destruction) of associating with those who have been dfd or even those whose attendance is sporadic.

They are being instructed what to do, when to do it, how to do it and to whom.

They are no longer thinking for themselves at all anymore.

Very scary.

Im afraid for them.

• Stealth
    Stealth

What is the date for this wonderful event this year where millions deny Jesus by not partaking?

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

rebel8's comment is very empowering.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit