JW are total Bullies

by sandy 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

I'd just straight out abuse him in front of other family - plainly accuse him of shunning his niece in support of a cult that is known to lie - and when he asks "what lies" - simply say that they are known liars.

• lonecat
    lonecat

Sorry for your loss.

It never ceases to both amaze and anger me at howarrogant J-Dubs are. 99% of them never even consider they may be wrong, or that others believe differently and need to be considered and accomodated at times like these. To take the occasion of someone's death and turn it into an "ad" is not only bullying but just plain rude and insensitive.

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

To exercise control over the last words spoken in a persons life, with there loved ones present, is the ultimate slap in the face, and shows the extent of control these bullies have! It is the last chance at rape and extortion to squeeze every last moment of usage out of a persons life before they can finally rest.So sorry, for your loss. You do her justice by posting this!

• compound complex
    compound complex

So sorry for the loss of Grandma, Sandy, even though it was expected. Consider the "source," as it were, of any JW-inspired insensitivity:

"Isn't it grand to be ALIVE!" - Fred Franz's declaration at the funeral oration for his great nephew. Little was said about the poor young man of 34 years. Ray Franz's reaction? - "I still vividly recall the sinking sensation I felt in my heart at this." Apart from the standard and obligatory comments on the reason for being there (and for whom), it was only when Ray Franz gave the closing prayer that there was remembrance of the young man and his life. [IN SEARCH OF CHRISTIAN FREEDOM, Ray Franz, pp. 249, 250.]

A few memorial talks I recall with fondness - those for my parents, one for a friend's mother and one for a sister's daughter. Considerable time was given to the persons and their works before God. It has so much to do with the "heart" of the speaker.

Peace and love to you,

CoCo

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

OMG I think you should go and have your cousin greet your brother in front of everyone and then one of two things can happen:

A: He will shun her in which case everyone will see and then she can say, "What a loving organization you represent. Why do you pretend to be so loving when you know you're not? Everyone, look what would happen to you if you joined this organization ... if you join, you can never leave or you will be treated like this by everyone."

or

B: He will say hello to her and she can say, "Wow, after all this time of shunning me for leaving you are now saying hello. Is it because all of our family will witness your behavior?"

if she doesn't say any of these things, you can. Or your fiance.

• sandy
    sandy

It's actually my niece my brother shuns. It's even worse to me that he shuns her because she was practically raised as another sibling. My sister had her pretty young. I need to work on being more outspoken. There are so many things I want to say but hold back. I afraid though that my sister might shun me if I say too much. Although, I don't think she'll hold out shunning me for very long . . .

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

You don't need to work on any qualities that will enable the JW ones to shun you.

Show love and understanding to the niece who is shunned, love the non-JW's and JW's,
    but speak freely around the non-JW's and do whatever you want with the JW's. You
    don't have to attack, defend, prove anything- unless you want to. You won't change
    the JW's anyway. Just be there for the ones who need you now, and be there for the
    ones who wake up later. Mourn with those that choose to mourn. Comfort those needing
    comfort. Be distant to those needing distance.

• sandy
    sandy

At my aunt's house they said a prayer for my Grams and let some balloons go. My cousin (Non-JW) actually said the Lord's Payer.

It was actually kind of sweet because I knew it was sincere, no hidden agenda. It even made me cry. My sisters went inside the house to avoid being noticed when they didn't bow their heads for the prayer.

My brother actually stayed and bowed. Hmmm, still trying to figure that one out . . .

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

It doesn't sound like Phil 2:3,4 3 doing nothing out of contentiousness or out of egotism, but with lowliness of mind considering that the others are superior to YOU , 4 keeping an eye, not in personal interest upon just YOUR own matters, but also in personal interest upon those of the others.

abr

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Of all people I didn't expect him to stay and bow. Weird.

Anything else happen? No one took up a bible study I hope!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit