My Dad died on Friday

by littlemike 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Mike I am sorry for your loss. Please wait and let your thought quiet and let your sorrow heal some. the sound left in your head will be the true answer. Not the confused one you have questioning right now. Things spoken in haste can not be taken back. You can however let them out later if you still wish. Just a thought. Welcome.

Decki

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

My sympathies on the passing of your father.

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate

Sorry for your loss. No matter how prepared we are the passing of loved ones is painful. I lost my best friend this week.

As far as the advice...I may be wrong but you have had this planned for a long time...right? You have had plenty of time to consider all aspects of this decision. Count the cost, when you feel sure you are prepared to suffer the consequences, go for it.

I cherish truth in my life. Truth is my rational reality, I wouldn't have it any other way. I have not always been Ms popular but at least I have my dignity knowing that I have been true to myself.

To Thine Own Self Be True

Love~Kate

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Sorry to hear your sad news Mike.

I can't offer you any advice. We all walk a tightrope in our relationships with our families.

My father was baptised a year before yours. Fortunately, I never got dunked which makes my life much easier.

...But I still walk the tightrope.

Condolences

Chris

• bubble
    bubble

Sorry for your loss.

About sending your reasons for leaving to your close friends - don't do it. It's not worth it. You'll lose far more than you'll gain. It sounds like you still have a relationship with your jw family, so it's not worth jeopardising that is it?

• needproof
    needproof

Mike, you are in my thoughts. I am sorry for your loss, stay strong.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Sorry to hear about your father passing away. What you will do depends on your outlook, if you don't mind being cut off from the dubs then it's not a problem coming out in the open otherwise many people for the sake of family just fade away.

• CD
    CD

Mike - my deepest sympathy 2 you/& your family. Losing a love one is never easy, but may the good memories your have of your dad, helps you through this grieving period.

As far as sending out your life story....I am not so sure about that... Unless you are ready for the consequences. Also, I think of all the active JWs that reads your life story & how that will affect them. Some may view it as an eye-opener on the ORG, but others may view in a negative way. There could be others who read it & decide to leave the ORG, but not be truly happy in a world without the JW org & their Jw friends. Some ppl cannot survive without the ORG. It is their life. Personally, I think people need to find the TRUTH about the ORG on their own, because when learning this TRUTH, it is becomes a long process on figuring out what do with it.

So, I say all of this 2 say, please think carefully & hard on the consequences on yourself & others who will read it.

Take care Mike.

CD.

• unique1
    unique1

My deepest sympathies on your dad's passing.

Whether you do it or not is largely dependent on whether you still want your brothers to speak to you and your children. The kids may not be disfellowshipped but they may be treated the same way as the person who sent the letter.

If you should choose to do it, I would say wait a year. Your brothers just lost their father as did you. You wouldn't want them to lose their brother at the same time. It may be too much for them at once.

Best wishes on your decsion!!

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

This is the way you feel now. This the way I hope you will feel in time. Allow yourself time, go ahead and write, it's good to put your feelings on paper. Wait some time and read what you have put down on paper. Only you can decide what is best for all. Jesus wept. Im so sorry about the loss of your dad.

Blueblades

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit