My Dad died on Friday

by littlemike 42 Replies latest jw friends

• littlemike
    littlemike

Thank You

Many thanks for all your kind messages and thoughts.

Just to clarify the situation. All my children also left shortly after I left. Therefore all my immediate family are out. We obviously have no close Witness aquaintances whatsoever. Some say hello if we see them, and one or two talk to me in connection with my business if I want to spend money with them!

The only difficulty with this decision is both my brothers and all their children are still Witnesses.

The only real contact I have with them is my brothers. One who is ill himself still plays golf with me and we just dont talk about anything JW, and the other livers out of time and we keep in touch about once a month and see him two or thre times a year.

That is the only scary thing about whether to send my story to my ex-colleagues. It is possible it would then get to them even though they are in different congregations or if they decided to disfellowship me after 5 years then obviously the golf would go by the board.

On the other hand I feel very strongly that it is not fair that all my close ex-witness colleagues can make wrong assumptions as to why I left. They made up rumours about my wife and obviously blamed her for me leaving.

I feel I should be allowed to explain, but then the dilemna is it better that they beleive a lie or go through the hurt of discovering it is not the truth.

However in the real world I think they are so brainwashed they would just ignore the evidence and argumentation.

Hope that clarifies the situation

Mike

• littlemike
    littlemike

The other point I wanted to clarify is that I wrote this story over two years ago, not as a result of my dad passing away.

New friends and work colleagues have read it and been very moved.Its just a shame no Jehovahs Witness has read it.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

My condolences LittleMike on the loss of your father.

I can see why you would want to try and help your friends see the truth, but do you think they will actually read your letter beyond the first few lines - I know that they are programmed to destroy such material rather than read it...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit