Upset & Need to Vent to Compassionate Ears

by FreeGirl2006 29 Replies latest jw friends

• FreeGirl2006
    FreeGirl2006

I am so grateful to have a place where my experiences being treated like one of the walking dead can be understood and empathized with.

I was opening my mail last night and there was a bill from local hospital. I opened it a bit confused because I have not been in a hospital in 2 years. It was a detailed bill for my stepson. It scared me and all I could think was "OMG, he died and no one called me". So I text the X because I get sick when I have to hear his voice. He texts back that stepson is "OK". No details, so as I start to dial his number to speak with him, he calls me. I ask what happened and at first he says he just broke his arm. I say, they ran all those tests for a broken arm? He says, well he was in an accident. I ask what kind. I finally, after much teeth pulling, get the story...the kid almost died in a serious accident in January and was in the hospital for a week. The X claims he did not call me because the kid requested that. Might be true because the kid is well & truly indoctrinated in the Borg and then again the X is not known to me for his honesty. I say "I raised this kid for 8 years. I was more a mother to him than his own and you don't call me???? If he dies, are you going to have the compassion to let me know?" He says "I don't know". Of course, that is his standard response to pretty much any question he is ever asked.

This just makes me so sick at heart. I hate the Borg and the X. This True Christian raped me 8 times, cheated on me twice, never once did he confess his sins. I do something stupid, have not one, but two breakdowns over it, confess my sin (because the X hounded me to do so), make 100% amends for what I did and I am the one who gets kicked out because I was not emotionally well enough to endure the committee hanging with the Nazis. My family still hangs out with this prick because he is in "good standing" in the Borg.

• Scully
    Scully

I'm glad your stepson is OK. Your ex is a jerk for not letting you know about the accident, and then for attempting to stick you with the hospital bill.

Call the hospital right away and let them know that you and your ex are divorced, and that you are not responsible for the bill. They may not have current billing information for your ex. Make sure they have it. Don't let him get a free ride.

• free2think
    free2think

(((((((((((((((((((Freegirl)))))))))))))))))))))

I'm sorry. What a small minded unthinking witless your ex is. This kind of behaviour is just so typical of the dubs as a whole. It must have been such a shock for you, I'm glad your ex-stepson is ok though,

hugs

• zagor
    zagor

What a pr*ck, don't let him do that to you. He is using your feeling toward the boy to get away. It is not even about the money anymore but principle.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Sorry to hear about your situation.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

So sorry. Wish we could help more.

You are right. The sick mental indoctrination is at base of it all. Self Righteous Judgmentalists need little else as fuel. You mention the Nazi's - good comparison in some ways.

Take care - why not write your step son a letter and tell him you love him. Have it delivered in a way you know he will get it. All you can do is love from your side - you can't force reciprocation. Hang in.

Jeff

• nonamegiven
    nonamegiven

Damn FreeGirl, I hurt for you.

I've not had an experience this bad but I too know what it's like to be treated like less than dog crap because I made a mistake (one that I as well as you are willing to own up to).

Screw 'em.

How old is your son?

• unique1
    unique1

I am so sorry to hear that they are keeping you that far out of the loop. It is rude. Perhaps you could send a get well kind of card, with no return address, to your step son, so he will open it without the fathers eyes around. Best wishes.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

(((((((((((((((((((((((((freegirl)))))))))))))))))))

Sorry to hear about your stepson! I hate them too!!!!

nj

• Scully
    Scully

Back to that hospital bill.... (I know, I know... it's mundane compared to what happened to your stepson and being excluded from knowing about what happened at the time)...

but I would imagine that if they consider you responsible for the hospital bill, wouldn't you be entitled to know what exactly happened from the Medical Records department? At least that way you would know if your ex was being truthful with you. At this point, you don't know for sure if he was in a "serious accident" or if what happened was the result of your ex being a bully to his son like he was to you.

If the hospital records indicate that there was domestic violence involved, they should be reporting it to Child Protective Services, and your ex's butt should be in a jail cell.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit