Upset & Need to Vent to Compassionate Ears

by FreeGirl2006 29 Replies latest jw friends

• FreeGirl2006
    FreeGirl2006

Thank you all for your kind words...just what I needed. My stepson is 19 and a regular aux. pioneer--nonamegiven. Yes, I love that the people willing to own their mistakes take the hit and those that are just pure evil...well, you get the jist.

Take care - why not write your step son a letter and tell him you love him. Have it delivered in a way you know he will get it. All you can do is love from your side - you can't force reciprocation. Hang in.

Good idea Jeff. I think I will do just that.

I did not even think about being responsible for the hospital bill, but thank you for point that out Scully..definitely need to call them. As far as the X...as horrible as he was/is to me...he is a very loving father and would die before he hurt his kids (well, with the exception of the religion thing that is).

You guys are the best!

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

FreeGirl,

I'm so sorry to hear about your situation. It never ceases to amaze me how callous some people can be.

• bluebell
    bluebell

(((freegirl)))

Hope your son is ok and that you manage to send a message to him.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I wonder if your X would know how to treat you if the Watchtower ran a QFR regarding the matter? I am sure the Witnesses could benefit from a comprehensive list of activites under "necessary family business".

• FreeGirl2006
    FreeGirl2006

jgant -

I wonder if your X would know how to treat you if the Watchtower ran a QFR regarding the matter? I am sure the Witnesses could benefit from a comprehensive list of activites under "necessary family business".

What is a QFR?

• free2think
    free2think

QFR=Question From Readers

• Scully
    Scully

I did not even think about being responsible for the hospital bill, but thank you for point that out Scully..definitely need to call them. As far as the X...as horrible as he was/is to me...he is a very loving father and would die before he hurt his kids (well, with the exception of the religion thing that is).

I was just thinking that if there is no new woman in your ex's life, it wouldn't be much of a stretch to take his frustrations on the most convenient and available target - his kids. I knew quite a few JWs who were battered by their parents, but you would never have a clue from what you could see at the KH.

The other thing regarding the hospital bill - check with your divorce attorney to see if it can be determined if your ex deliberately signed you up as being responsible for his son's medical expenses. If he did, I'm sure there are fraud laws that can be applied to the situation.

• greendawn
    greendawn

One can see the Christian behaviour of these people who claim to have the truth. Very destructive indeed for the emotional health of those at the receiving end.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear FreeGirl,

As you can see, one vents and gets immediate and compassionate help. First to calm you down and help you get your bearings, then some very practical advice on how to proceed with the "mundane," as Scully said.
    Please stay here as much as necessary. I was "battered" in my own particular way; being here saved me.

Love and peace,

CoCo

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

I wonder what he told your step son? That you didnt care about him? Ugh...HATE this religion!! Perhaps the step son will be the voice of reason in all this if you do write to him and tell him that no matter what differences his dad and you have...you still and always will love him and hope that he takes it upon himself to contact you in the future if anything happens to him ("or his dad" you might to add for CYA purposes :)

Girl....we KNOW how frustrating this is. God how we know!

hugs, Loves

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit