WTS still an NGO in US?

by ICBehindtheCurtain 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

Any organization, which is non-governmentant is, by definition, a Non-Governmental Organization.

The Watchtower Society is an NGO, and there is nothing wrong by their standards in being an NGO in itself. The UN fiasco was that they were affiliated with the united nations as an "associated" NGO. And, signing a document agreeing to ALL the principles of the UN, on a least two occasions. And providing the UN with proof of disseminating the message of the UN. VERY damming indeed.

steve

• rebel8
    rebel8

If the organization arranging for that event is part of the UN, maybe this is just a listing of non-governmental orgs thsat attended the meeting, not just orgs that are registered w/the UN.

• Kaput
  • tmo1965
    tmo1965
    If the organization arranging for that event is part of the UN, maybe this is just a listing of non-governmental orgs thsat attended the meeting, not just orgs that are registered w/the UN.

If they are so against worldly governments, what excuse is there for them to be associated with anything even remotely like the UN? They don't allow their members to associate with the DF'd or DA'd in any fashion do they?

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    If they are so against worldly governments, what excuse is there for them to be associated with anything even remotely like the UN? They don't allow their members to associate with the DF'd or DA'd in any fashion do they?

You will find that the WTS is the master at double standards. Yes...they are against worldly governments, but they are FOR whatever the governments can DO for them and for their followers as in food stamps, social services, ay and all handouts that are in the offing.

My handicapped grandson was not allowed to join the "Y" with a pass given to us BY the government for him to use the pool for therapy and exercise, etc....but the WTS is allowed to sign up with the UN that was TOLD to us, was the disgusting thing that Jehovah detested. Of course THEY did things secretly....where WE would have been seen by whoever was at the pool.

My boys could not join the Boy Scouts or my girls the Girl Scouts, for the same reasons, which made absolutely no sense but we complied because we were "loyal to Jehovah", whatever THAT meant. I would have liked my boys to learn all they could about scouting, first aid, and what-all else scouts learn to do with others their age and to acquire skills thay would not otherwise had had the opportunity to learn.

I loved the scouts when I was a girl, and have some nice memories of stuff we did....I would have liked MY girls to have the same experiences and opportunities....but the WTS sez no. And THEY were the boss and carried the weight of any decisions made. Didn't ya just LOVE the "lets see what the SOCIETY SEZ about this and that every time you wanted to do anything>Quite honestly...there IS no excuse for the WTS to have anything at ALL to do with the UN.....but there it is anyway. WHY can't te JWs SEE this? The hypocrisy of this book publishing company posing as a religion....is overwhelming.

• journey-on
    journey-on

They will just say it's "theocratic warfare in order to keep up with issues that might affect the organization" and the r&f will buy it and everything will just go on as usual.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit