WTS still an NGO in US?

by ICBehindtheCurtain 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ICBehindtheCurtain
    ICBehindtheCurtain

Hi All: I came across something very interesting, in looking at this pdf there is a list of NGO's that attended for some conference on anti-semitism and guess who is on there? If you scroll down you will find that in Belgium the WTS (under their european christian jehovah's witness umbrella) but if you scroll down to the US section you will find that they show up as the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania, so apparently as of 2005 when this conference was held, they were still an NGO, does anyone else know about this?

http://osce.usmission.gov/Cordoba/Cordoba_NGOs.pdf

IC

• misocup
    misocup

VERY interesting indeed.

I have only just begun learning about this issue so I don't remember exactly what went on. Didn't they say they were no longer in the UN?

Can anyone breifly refresh my memory?

• ICBehindtheCurtain
    ICBehindtheCurtain

hi misocup, they supposedly cancelled their NGO status in 2001 as was reported on the british newspaper "The Guardian", but according to this the are still in it. The WTS wrote a letter to some congregations stating that they only joined the UN in order to get a library card which was found out to be a lie, there is extensive information here on JWD about this, you might want to look it up....anyway the UN exposed their lie on their website with a letter posted on there explaining this whole mess.

IC

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

Go figure!

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Someone asked this about the WTS-UN involvement on another board but never got a comprehensive answer to this question. (Just the usual JW lame excuses and stupid mumbo-jumbo about how "WE" are not a nation so "WE" are not signed up as one, so it doesn't apply...)blah-bla-blah....

But when the WTS got blown out of the water by the "Guardian" newspaper columnist in (I think 2001) and it was discovered that the WTS had indeed....signed up with the evil and disgusting UN that it vilified "all other clergy" for doing the very same thing....in pictures of the Clergy that "we" JWs were expected to place in those WT magazines we had "volunteered" to put into the householder's hands....

and they had signed up for TEN CONSECUTIVE YEARS (OOOOPS---by accident dontcha know-the pen just happened to fall into their hands). Upon this news getting exposed to the public....the WTS resigned whatever they weren't doing---for whatever they weren't prostituting themselves to acquire.....and got their writers to concoct stories about their pristine involvement with the worldly old UN to have sent to the congregations as "explanations" to suffice as "reasons" and to appease the JWs. It worked. Their idolized WTS can do NO wrong. Ask any current active JW.

It would appear that they have signed up again to get whatever they can get from the same world they teach their followers to HATE....while they NEVER DID explain just what they were doing behind the JWs backs while the loyal and obedient (tm) followers were under the impression of what they had always been told, and how they "were to view" the United Nations!

It seems that the sneaky weasels have scored again. Mother's skirts are still being soiled (apparently...SHE LIKES IT AND IS ENJOYING THIS GAME) and it will be a matter of time, as careful as the WTS WILL BE THIS TIME....

when somebody will "catch sight of the disgusting thing" (known as the Watchtower Society) in a compromising position.....and blow the whistle... again.

How many times (and "times again") will this fraud of a "religion" be able to dupe its followers?

"Time" will only tell.

• justsomedude
    justsomedude

I could swear this has been up here before, but I dont remember all the details.

I wonder if there is an official wts explanation for it yet.

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

It was up here before. There wasn't an answer to my knowledge. It appears they are still up to their old tricks under a new disguise!

Swalker

• jgnat
    jgnat

Someone posted on a thread I responded to that members of the GB are still listed as NGO's. They did not come back to the thread to confirm, though.

Who is this Gregory Allen?

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    It appears they are still up to their old tricks under a new disguise!

Well...hey....it worked for ten years the last time they scammed the JWs....must be that Mother couldn't go "without it" so she back at those "old tricks" again! The poor sappy and trusting JWs wouldn't DREAM of Mother doing it AGAIN....(they didn't believe it the first time) so she will be getting away with whatever she can get from the UN.

I have yet to get an answer by a JW that when the WTS says to "have nothing to DO with" something....that THEY then have the right (and audacity) to SECRETLY have a liason with the very same agency that WE were told was disgusting and detestable to Jehovah???

As I said before....WE had to trot out those magazines with the very unflattering "artist's depictions" of the Clergy that "touched the unclean thing"....and volunteer to try and place them with the public at the doors....

And ALL THOSE YEARS the WTS was guilty of doing the exact SAME THING and it irritates the daylights out of me that they are SO hypocritical!!! Now, its not only the blatant hypocrisy----but to LIE to their follower$ about this---with their conjured up fairy tales....

that DOES NOT excuse their conduct in the least....HOW in the world can they hang ONTO these followers??? It baffles me! I left before this happened and *I* was angry at the real reason for the "Donation Arrangement" when I WAS still in....and that was what opened my eyes to what the WTS was....and was NOT.

Anyway (deep breath)....a JW on another board said the WTS is "involved in charitable works" overseas in impoverished countries.....but when asked to provide proof or evidence of ANY KIND....or what type of "charities" the WTS was involved with.....the poster never answered. Small wonder.

Ain't the internet wunnerful????

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

OSCE = "The Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe consists of 55 nations, including the nations of Europe and Eurasia, and the United States and Canada."

I think this is a different organization than the U.N. (At least a brief search found no obvious link or perhaps I missed it.)

While they may no longer be an NGO to the UN, apparently they are still aligning themselves with other political (religious?) organizations as a non-government organization.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit