How many here have actually read the bible............all of it?????

by vitty 52 Replies latest jw friends

• StillGroggy
    StillGroggy

Who's got the time? Gotta study for the 18 meetings this week!!!

-SG

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Stuck in the middle of the genealogies are snippets of interesting stuff, like the Prayer of Jabez...

• mouthy
    mouthy

like the Prayer of Jabez...

That is out of my belief >>>> I got fed up with all that talk when I first left ....Its not a good thing to get into

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

[raises hand] Six different translations.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

My sincerest apologies to the faithful, but the more I read (I've read it very carefully three or four times), the less I believe.

Sorry. No offense intended to any of you or The Big Guy.

• BFD
    BFD

I have never read the entire bible. I have read the book of Revelations for the first time this week. If the message is supposed to be so important why is it written like a bid ole riddle? Why wasn't it inspired to read like this:

I, God, require of you to do this that and the other thing. Plain and simple. Do things my way and you get to live forever. If not, then I will kill you, not once, but twice. Thank you for your attention in this regard.

BFD

• moshe
    moshe

No, - I have made a few attempts to read the entire Bible, but I always quit. I have also tried to read Moby Dick and failed at that after 3 or 4 tries, too.. I just don't appreciate great works of literature. I guess that the WT mags are just the GB's version of very bad Cliff notes for the Bible.

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

About 5 times, one of those times I actually stuck through the Chronoicles. Once was enough for that, and I skipped large portions of it on subsequent readings. In reading it I came up with alot of questions and many weren't answered, but I was taught to just forget the questions and move on.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Mouthy:

That is out of my belief >>>> I got fed up with all that talk when I first left ....Its not a good thing to get into

Que??

• mouthy
    mouthy

When I left JWs many Chiristians were telling me I must repeat the prayer ....Even a Church started up called by that name..... I felt it was the beginning of a cult again..... I can do my own prayers :) didnt mean to step on toe >>>>little one :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit