I did not know this

by TooBad TooSad 27 Replies latest jw friends

• abbagail
    abbagail

Pahpa wrote:
    [...] Just read its publications about its own organization and the fulfillment of scriptures: the "two witnesses" of Revelation 11, the delievered "woman" of Revelation 12 or the "bowls of wrath" in Revelation 16. It may reinforce the importance of the organization in the minds of most JWs. But it was also a troubling aspect of doubt for many of us when we were in the organization. We now look back and realize just how ludicrous the whole concept was/is. [...]

How true, especially those hum-dinger twisted explanations in their Revelation book, which was the first book that started to "wake me up" back in the late 1980s, and which put knots in my stomach trying to read it. It was like they had taken a crow-bar to force-fit the scriptures to apply to all sorts of bizarre WT things.

Looking back, my favorite are the scorpions with the stinging tails who, the WT said, were the WT and Awake! magazines which "sting" the minds of men who read the "truth" in them.

Ouch Ouch Ouch! It hurts! My brain can't take it any more!

Don't make me read any more!

Here! I'll GIVE YOU 50-cents if you'll TAKE these Stinging Magazines BACK!

-------------

And the locusts that "run up the walls" was supposed to picture the preaching work of JWs going up high-rise condos to knock on doors, or something like that. :-/ (When I was still in, most condos you could not even GET into, but had to write letters! So much for "running up the walls").

/ag

• greendawn
    greendawn

Russell was their founder the one that set up the printing business that is still running today albeit in a modernised form. Rutherford is the one that set the tone of their org as we know it today, he is their spiritual father, it will be hard to imagine them disrespecting him.

• abbagail
    abbagail

Anybody notice the "Book of Mormon Timeline" chart/ad at the bottom of this page? Oh brother, talk about convoluted. There's a bigger picture of their "timeline" ad here:

http://www.bookofmormontimeline.com/?gclid=CKPE_LOJ-ooCFSi_SgodzCueCg

• brunnhilde
    brunnhilde

Talk about an exaggerated sense of their own importance!!! They're so SPESHUL!!

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

Hi

This may be behind the thinking. It's disgusting.

Watchtower 1953 July 1st page 404

Even so in modern times Jehovah God has demonstrated his hand against those who would be exalted as a "master race". Out of the pages of modern history comes this same spirit of egomania and intolerance in the embodiment of Hitler and his modern-day effort at genocide. The facts are incontrovertibly established as to his hatred for the chosen people of God in these times, Jehovah’s witnesses. And because the fleshly Jews were themselves at one time God’s chosen people they have always been the targets of attack by Satan and his dupes. No wonder, then, that they also felt the iron hand of oppression and were brought near to the brink of extermination in those lands controlled by the nazis. But after this madman’s abuse of Jehovah’s faithful witnesses and after his violent opposition to the Kingdom message he too was leveled to the ground and his "master race" with him. Let all such "master minds" take due notice

Thanks

Thomas Covenant

• Undecided
    Undecided
    Maybe satan has a little spelling problem. He confused JEWS with JWS.

He probably knew the Hebrew language and they didn't use vowles so Jews would be JWs and he added the vowel e to make it Jews.

Ken P.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Well, the way I see it, he's the conductor and if you sit at his feet you are his student. That's not for me.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

They love to try (in vain) to make it sound like they are the centre of world events.

A little off topic, but it reminded me of something from shortly after I stopped going to meetings™. One elderly Sister™ rang me to try to convince me that we're in the 'Time of the End™' and that Satan™ is trying to corrupt 'young ones™'. Then she started telling me about how a Brother™ had told her that one of the Anointed™ had told him that Oprah Winfrey had interviewed a psychic, and off camera he told her that the main aim of the 'spirits' is to make sure Jehovah's Witnesses are destroyed. I tried not to laugh... It didn't work.

It's ALL about the Witnesses.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit