Any Rock-N-Roll Worship Music Fans out there?

by onlycurious 14 Replies latest jw friends

• onlycurious
    onlycurious

I just got back from a concert near my town.

If there are any of you out there that enjoy a modern approach (youthful...lol) to worship....check this out!

These guys are Canadian and very, very good! Our youth group absolutely loved them.

www.starfieldonline.com

Trust me....they really are good.

• prophecor
    prophecor

Not a " Christian Rock " go for'er so much, though I have actually purchased POD's first album, when published.

• prophecor
    prophecor

Not a " Christian Rock " go for'er so much, though I have actually purchased POD's first album, when published.

• prophecor
    prophecor

• prophecor
    prophecor

'Dere go 'dem demons again, darn Ghost in the Machine!!!!

• abbagail
    abbagail

Any Rock-N-Roll Worship Music Fans out there?

Naaaaa, I'm an "old fogie" who prefers the worship music of the likes of Dean & Mary Brown. ;-D
    www.deanandmarybrown.org

/ag

• Legolas
    Legolas

Linkin Park, Hedley, AC/DC, Ozzy..and others!

• seek2find
    seek2find

Christian rock is starting to grow on me. I really like Casting Crowns and Third Day. Live Worship music is something that is sadly missing in JW world. seek2find

• undercover
    undercover

Rock-n-roll worship music is an oxymoron.

The whole premise behind original rock-n-roll was sexual in nature...that's why conservative prudes hated it. In time rock-n-roll came to be associated with being anti-establishment and against authority.

Now 50 years later, not only has rock-n-roll become mainstream, conservative groups and churches are adapting it to further their cause. Politicians use rock songs as anthems(ignoring the lyrics, i.e. Springsteen's Born in the USA), churches promote "Christian Rock" bands, bands whose look is stolen right from MTV and the real rock bands.

As you may have surmised by now, I am not a fan of "Christain Rock" or "Worship Rock". I prefer the decadent, sinful nature of my rock-n-roll.

There's a reason why the Rolling Stones are called the World's Greatest Rock Band...drugs...sex...rock-n-roll

• unique1
    unique1

They aren't bad. I just can't get past the christian aspect. To me sex, drugs, and rock and roll all go together. It would just be weird head banging to someone screaming about Jesus in my opinion. I guess Rock now a days merely means they use electric guitars.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit