Any Rock-N-Roll Worship Music Fans out there?

by onlycurious 14 Replies latest jw friends

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Please take no offense.

I think they're posin'.

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

I'm a Christian and I like some of the Christian music. I definitely don't like it all just because it's "Christian." Some of it's great, some of it's terrible and some of it's just not my taste.

On a "worship" level, I'm sure that you can worship in or through any style of music.

On a musical level surely it's a matter of taste. Some rock you like, some you don't; some pop you do, some you don't.

I disagree that the premise behind rock and roll was sexual anymore than the premise behind classical music was sexual although without a doubt certain artists/composers were decadent.

As for certain genres which were once viewed as radical or rebellious becoming mainstream, that's just life.

So as to whether rock and roll worship is an oxymoron I'd have to disagree.

Christian bands/artists I'm currently listening to and like are Leeland, Bebo Norman, Chris Tomlin and The David Crowder Band amongst others

• onlycurious
    onlycurious

Christian bands/artists I'm currently listening to and like are Leeland, Bebo Norman, Chris Tomlin and The David Crowder Band amongst others

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Pubsinger....I LOVE these guys! I got to see Bebo here in Seaside Oregon and I was actually able to meet David Crowder himself 2 1/2 yrs ago in the Atlanta airport. He leads worship with his awesome flair at all the National Youth Worker's Conventions.

Much respect for him as a leader.

Perhaps the term "Rock-n-Roll" isn't the best one to use. I'm not talking about Ozzy kinda rock. These guys have short hair and are kind of young. I'm old enough to have to ask what kind of music it is actually. It's a sad day...I'll be 38 this month. Those birthdays come faster every year.. sound familiar

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I always worshiped Rock and Roll, but the witnoids tried to make me feel guilty about it. Then I got rid of the witnoids. Now everyday is a rock and roll fantasy.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

On top of who Pub mentioned, I like Taylor Sorensen, Derek Webb, Delirious (they rock!!), Brian Houston (not really rock music but he's ace!), Third Day and Ten Shekel Shirt.

Also, have you heard Michael W Smith's latest cd called 'Stand'? It is good - I'm not a big fan of his but he's co-written this one with Leeland and Martin Smith (lead singer of Delirious) and it's different to what he normally does, worth a listen.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit