Preachers of the night.

by lost_light06 15 Replies latest jw friends

• lost_light06
    lost_light06

A few years back a bunch of brothers in the cong. I was in would do all night field service. They would drive all over the county, through 4 or 5 different cities hitting all the bus stops, all night laundromats, convenience stores, gas stations, etc. Anyone out walking, waiting or working was fair game for their nocturnal religious peddling. Anyone else done or heard of this? I think there was a stop put to this by the old-fashioned types in the cong.

• KW13
    KW13

I have done street witnessing before but the 'Preachers of the night' thing made me laugh.

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate

Preachers of the night visiting gas stations,
    Preaching in the night
    What were the chances wed be placing tracts
    Before the night was through.

Something in convenience stores was so inviting,
    Something in laundromats was so exciting,
    Something in bus stops,
    Told me I must push TRUF.

Preachers of the night, two brainwashed people
    We were Preachers of the night
    Up to the moment
    When we said our first hello.
    Little did we know
    Wasting the whole night away,
    Placing unread magazines along the way and-

Ever since that night weve been together.
    Mislead at first sight, brainwashed forever.
    To the Governing Body’s delight,
    Braindead Preachers of the night.

(Sung to the tune "Strangers in the night)

• found-my-way
    found-my-way

LMAO!

BA, that rocked

• brunnhilde
    brunnhilde

ACK! Oh dear God that brought back memories. As a sister it wasn't considered safe, but frequently the brothers bludgeoned into aux pio'ing while they worked full-time would do similar stuff like haunting the rest areas. Of course, then the cong who had that in their territory got tweaked and had the CO declare it off limits. I remember getting up at the butt-crack of dawn to hit hospital waiting rooms, apartment laundry rooms and any other place we could sneak in and out of unseen. When I think about all the time I wasted pestering people *sigh*...

• KW13
    KW13

Very nice BA lmao

• jinjam
    jinjam

lmao sorry, but that is funny!

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

Yup, they did that around here too. I don't know if they still do or not, though.

They'd go to truck stops on the interstate, gas stations, all night diners, etc. Usually was done when there were a lot of people auxillary pioneering.

GGG

• greendawn
    greendawn

Never heard of it but some dubs are so devoted to the FDS they would lose their sleep over serving their idols of wood. How miserable, as if they had nothing better to do.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

They have a strong belief in what they are peddaling. But that doesnt make it correct.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit