Undisclosed Revelation Book Changes show "Jehovah" is "The Lamb"

by AlphaOmega 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Mystla
    Mystla

What-A-Coincidence said it well... twice! (repetition for emphasis!)

Good find and welcome to the board AlphaOmega!

Misty

• Cellist
    Cellist

Good point, AO. And, welcome to the board.

Cellist

• willyloman
    willyloman

Seems like they missed the change of subject the first time...

Pr the Trinitarians are right and there was no change of subject....

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

What a cheap organization. I would just get a new book for the book study if they changed it-
    OH, that's if I wanted to attend the book study. But I don't.

• wokeup
    wokeup

This change you noted in the Revelation book reminded me of the footnote in 1 thess.4:16,17 in the new world translation. Each occurance of the word 'Lord' mentioned is not supposed to be Jesus. The footnote says it's jehovah that decends and calls out with an archangels voice and meets them in the air. Wonder how many party loyalists ever picked up on that?

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega
    the footnote in 1 thess.4:16,17 in the new world translation. Each occurance of the word 'Lord' mentioned is not supposed to be Jesus. The footnote says it's jehovah that decends and calls out with an archangels voice and meets them in the air

Excellent. I'll remember that for my next discussion.

I can't find that in the 1984 NWT (but it's still on the Watchtower Library CD), so I've posted it from the 1950 edition.

http://i13.tinypic.com/3127p5d.jpg

alt

• heathen
    heathen

Probly since they still think it a form of blapheme to call jesus God with a capital G so they then put jehovah in there and then that scripture 1 thesolonians 4:16-17 shows that it's not . Actually surprised that the org. isn't taking credit for the tear wiping since they are in charge of the "good news". It apparently is not blaspheme to call the FDS , JEHOVAH.

• CantorDiscontinuum
  • CantorDiscontinuum
    CantorDiscontinuum

Hi everybody, just one short remark to the Revelationbook story. It may very well sound like investigative journalism, but if one has a closer look, it becomes very obvious, that a change of this passage in KM06 would not have made any sense: In the German Revelationbook from 1988 the word "Gott" (God) is already used in that passage, so this correction is not quite new. Or maybe they just want to mislead English speaking people... lol Regards, CD

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

CD,

Actually, making the change public in the KM would be the perfect place, since the KMs are produced on a national basis and separately by language group.

Or maybe they just want to mislead ...

I used to wonder, but I no longer have any doubt.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit