Undisclosed Revelation Book Changes show "Jehovah" is "The Lamb"

by AlphaOmega 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

As we all know, in 2006 there were some undisclosed changes to the 1988 Revelation Climax Book.

These scans of page 127 (Chapter 20) are identical except for the alteration from "The Lamb" to "Jehovah".

http://i15.tinypic.com/2qvzgya.jpg

http://i17.tinypic.com/2nukpd0.jpg

Since this change was not listed in the September 2006 Kingdom Ministry, are we to conclude that it is not "a key change" and the alteration is merely semantics?

This is useful material in witnessing to the Witnesses that :

1) Deceptive changes take place to their literature (the GB is not honest and upfront)

2) The Watchtower is so confused about the person and identity of Jesus that they let mistakes slip through

3) The literature is not infalliable

Can anyone think of anymore uses for this?

Would have included images in this post, but not sure how.... hope the following works...

alt

alt

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Interesting find, thanks for sharing.

I find it interesting that of all the times we read Rev 21:3,4 I never stopped to think about what the 'tent of God' really was. How strange it is when we only see what we need to.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Good catch.

I wonder how many other undocumented changes there are.

• Hannah
    Hannah

Great find! Thanks for sharing. One can only guess why it wasn't included as a change in the the '06 KM. Sneaky ol' farts. Someone should call the NY and ask which one is it--Jehovah or Jesus? Do they know, or is this "new light"?

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Welcome AlphaOmega,

Actually the text reads:

for the Lamb at the center of the throne will be their shepherd,
    and he will guide them to springs of the water of life,
    and Godwill wipe away every tear from their eyes."

Seems like they missed the change of subject the first time...

• Zico
    Zico

I find it odd that they do this, since they didn't make enough new Revelation books, about half my book study group are still using the old one, so these changes are noticed.

There are actually far more than 70 changes, there are many, many minor ones, like the above, that they didn't bother to include in the KM.

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

Thanks, been lurking for a while but never posted.

They could just argue that they were "correcting a mistake in the 1988 edition", but that only begs the question "How can you rely on publications that need correcting?"

• needproof
    needproof

Don't know how long you have been lurking, but excellent work, my friend

• What-A-Coincidence
  • What-A-Coincidence

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit