Undisclosed Revelation Book Changes show "Jehovah" is "The Lamb"

by AlphaOmega 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

To say that "Jehovah is the Lamb" is a little misleading . When ever we used to read Rev 21.4 we always understood it to refer to God "Jehovah" , not Jesus "The Lamb". When we studied the Rev Book (how many times?) nobody queried why the Lamb was used in the paragraph. I think that they saw the anomaly and changed it .As a get out they could point to the Rev book page 9 , old book

"It is not claimed that the explanations in this publication are infallible .At the same time time, however, we firmly believe that the explanation set forth herein harmonize with the Bible in its entirety......."
  • AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega
    "It is not claimed that the explanations in this publication are infallible .At the same time time, however, we firmly believe that the explanation set forth herein harmonize with the Bible in its entirety......."

Hmmmn... that's the point isn't it - that if the text is changed that dramatically ("The Lamb" changed to "Jehovah"), then it can only "harmonise with the Bible" before OR after the change,not both.

As has been said before on this thread, it can only "harmonise with the Bible" in BOTH editions if you believe that Jesus is God.

No one probably picked up on the fact that "The Lamb" was incorrect in the original edition because it is not in the nature of the study to question such things.

• skin
    skin

Our book study group is still mainly using the old books, only a small amount of the new books have arrived in our area.

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

Did anyone mention this in studies (either before the change or after) ?

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

I remember in our book studies a woman that had a very inquisitive nature. She was always pointing out little discrepencies like that.She was usually right but nothing would be done about it.

Maybe they are finally listening to women...

Thanks for the info..

Snoozy.

ps..What was the name of the older book that told the origin of the JW's? It had a picture of the homes they built in California for the resurrected Princes. Was it called Jehovah's Witnesses or something else? It was as big as the revelation book and I think it was black.I threw it all away when Hubby died..to bad...wish I had it all now. I could watch all the changes take place in the literature..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit