Elders are after me--PART 2

by love2Bworldly 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I think that any conversation between you and them is how much CONTROL you want them to (think) they have over you. I went for MONTHS in a wheelchair and crutches and in too much pain to sit through meetings...and the only call I got---was to see how much TIME I had to report! That frosted my butt. Their compassion was so underwhelming.

I wrote a letter to the PO and told him I was disappointed and disgusted with this lack of love (an elder lived three houses away where the bookstudy and meetings for service were held) and I told them I NOW had a lot of thinking to do about these things....and it was now MY CHOICE....but I wanted to be left alone to make my decision.

THEN...didn't they came nonstop, day and night, banging on the door, (I didn't answer) calling on the phone (I didn't pick up)...and ALWAYS just after my nonJW hubby had left for work. Such stinking cowards! I ended up putting a big sign on the front porch (you could see it from the road :o) and still they went to where my hubby worked and TOLD him that I needed to get in touch with them (scuse ME?) It was all about.....CONTROL... over me...the lowly sister. IT and they made me sick.

Personally....I STILL wouldn't let them into my home so they can pass their judgements and get to say ANYTHING at all....but that's just me.

Good luck and best wishes whatever you decide to do....

hugs,

Annie

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Thanks for all your responses, I think I'll sleep on it tonight. I may decide it's not worth my time and energy to expend it on them. My part 1 post had a good response from one person who suggested I copy my original letter and give it to them. I'll have to think about what/ or whether I'm going to bother with them at all. Since my sister called them and gave them my address, I know they have what they need anyway.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit