Elders are after me--PART 2

by love2Bworldly 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Ok--I have decided I DO want to answer the door when the elders return. I won't let them speak at all, I am going to hold up my hand and tell them to let me have my say. I am planning to say the following, and I'm trying to keep it very simple and to the point:

"I am shocked and confused that when I completely stopped going to the Kingdom Hall 15 years ago, no one called or stopped by to check on my spiritual well-being. Now that I am no longer interested in your religion, you have the nerve to show up at my door uninvited to try and condemn me. How very unChrist-like, very cultish, and obviously you and your organization are not being directed by the Holy Spirit of your so-called loving God Jehovah. Do not come back ever. Good Bye." SLAM or shut firmly while their mouths are gaping or trying to talk to me.

I like my response because I refuse to listen to anything they have to say to me, and just maybe it will get them to think about how unloving their behavior is.

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

How 'bout if we DF you right here and now on the board just to save them the trouble?

Yeeeeerrrrrrrrr ouuuuuuuuut!

• Mary
    Mary
    "I am shocked and confused that when I completely stopped going to the Kingdom Hall 15 years ago, no one called or stopped by to check on my spiritual well-being. Now that I am no longer interested in your religion, you have the nerve to show up at my door uninvited to try and condemn me. How very unChrist-like, very cultish, and obviously you and your organization are not being directed by the Holy Spirit of your so-called loving God Jehovah. Do not come back ever. Good Bye." SLAM or shut firmly while their mouths are gaping or trying to talk to me.

Excellent! They're so used to being able to call all the shots, they're simply never prepared for when someone puts them in their place.

• garybuss
    garybuss

I still liked the idea of accidently locking them in the garage with the Doberman and spraying them all through the window with the garden hose.

• brunnhilde
    brunnhilde

ROFLMAO, Gary!!! Maybe trap a skunk in there the night before just in case??

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

I would just like to add that if they see you as angry they will walk away justified that you are dead wrong and evil.

Instead of invoking personal attacks (like saying 'you have the nerve' & slamming the door in their face), I would suggest simply saying the same thing in a calm and passionate manner. You could say in the sweetest voice 'i just have never gotton over the amount of evil I witnessed in your organization, i wish never to be contacted by you again'. Then close the door on them without a word, like you're life depended on it.

It's alot eaiser to write somebody off who lashes out as opposed to a person who acts in a very respectful manner. The message you give could be just as harsh, but you would not be giving them a reason to think that you had a wicked heart.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    I would just like to add that if they see you as angry they will walk away justified that you are dead wrong and evil.

Instead of invoking personal attacks (like saying 'you have the nerve' & slamming the door in their face), I would suggest simply saying the same thing in a calm and passionate manner. You could say in the sweetest voice 'i just have never gotton over the amount of evil I witnessed in your organization, i wish never to be contacted by you again'. Then close the door on them without a word, like you're life depended on it.

It's alot eaiser to write somebody off who lashes out as opposed to a person who acts in a very respectful manner. The message you give could be just as harsh, but you would not be giving them a reason to think that you had a wicked heart.

Don't get me wrong, the other responses are fun to fantasize about but the above suggestion really is the way to go. It'll add so much more weight to your declaration. Be antagonistic and they'll discount you and your comments immediately. Who knows? You may be able to add yet one more doubt to the many they surely have tucked away in their subconcious minds.

Nvr

• kid-A
    kid-A

"I like my response because I refuse to listen to anything they have to say to me, and just maybe it will get them to think about how unloving their behavior is."

I think it will be just the opposite. You will just confirm in their minds, that you are an evil apostate, bound for eternal cutting off. JWs, and especially elders thrive on these sorts of experiences with whom they consider "apostates" it just re-confirms their "us versus them" mentality.

With all due respect, is it really worth all this drama? You have been free of them for 15 years and are happily living your life, so why would you even give them the time of day? Why are they even in your thoughts and plans? Its just a waste of time, really. Sometimes we just need to learn to let the past die. Finally, by articulating how hurt you were by their actions 15 years ago, you are 1) magnifying their false sense of power and 2) that somehow you have latent regrets about no longer being a JW and that if one of the elders had shown you more compassion way back then, you would still be happy to belong to the WTBS. You may get some momentary sense of satisfaction from a confrontation but ultimately, all hostile events leave a bad taste in ones mouth.

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

I think you have a great response......You don't have anything to prove...and you just may plant a seed of doubt...then someone else will be used to do the watering if it is possible down the line.

And...if you try the "lock em in the garage with the doberman"....and you add the skunk....Don't leave the poor dog in there!!LOL!

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Or;

Oh! I thought you knew! I had stopped attending your religious services, let's see, 15 years ago, didn't I? Surprised it took so long for you to understand the meaning of 'gone'. Now that you 'get it', could you please 'get it', that is your car, out of my driveway? Thank you for calling.

As Drew suggested, all with a pleasant smile on your face, and a look of total life satisfaction without them in it. Success is the best revenge in the long run.

Just my 2 cents

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit