Elders are after me--PART 2

by love2Bworldly 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Great way to put it Jeff

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

I vote for saying your piece in a calm, respectful manner. Here's why:

When I was beginning to seriously doubt the JW teachings, I was out in service and we went to a door where a woman was watching her young grandchildren, who were running in and out. She had some VERY harsh words for us, and told us so, but said that she would tell us what she thought in a calm manner so as not to upset the kids present. And in a very respectful way, she delivered a few lines that hit home with me.

It was the very last time I ever went in service. I wish I could find that lady and thank her.

GGG

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

And of course I forgot the point... Which is that if she had said what she said in an angry way, I would have just written her off as bitter, or unreasonable, or whatever. The way she said it was perfect.

GGG

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

I agree with some of the others about being more calm about it.

"I am sorry but you really hurt me by not noticing that I quit going 15 years ago. You only now notice when its too late. I believe its time for you to leave. Please do not come here again." And shut the door slowly, looking them in the eye while it shuts.

• ninja
    ninja

or say..."none of you ever bothered visiting me in jail when I was in for murder...why call now?"

• greendawn
    greendawn

I agree there is no need for you to have such an intense emotional outburst, you can say to them they had constantly failed to show any fraternal solidarity, which violated your rights as a JW and you therefore felt released from any obligation to be part of them. The lack of love is indeed a very prominent characteristic of this society, their hearts are empty.

• choosing life
    choosing life

In this case, more is less. A lady at the door in field service said to me in a very matter of fact way-"I used to do what you are doing now, going out in service." I didn't think much of it at first, but later it kinda ate at me. I wanted to know why she no longer participated. It became one of those nagging questions in my mind.

If she would have been confrontational, I would have quickly dismissed her comments. But she left me hanging. Being non-confrontational and leaving them in the dark as to your reasons for leaving might make a much bigger impression on them. They hate not knowing everything.

I, too, would like to thank the lady, but forgot where she lives.

• bennyk
    bennyk

Tell them you annulled your baptism seven years ago, and thus are not under their suzerainty...

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Hurt and disappointed is better than angry and bitter. Look at Ray Franz.

Nvr

• mia_b
    mia_b

wishing u all the best when u do speak to them. let us know how it goes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit