Ex JWs that suffered to an unusual degree

by greendawn 22 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• greendawn
    greendawn

Do you know of ex JWs that suffered greatly due to the policies of the WTS? I personally don't know any but I suppose those that left behind parents, spouse and children got a very bad deal since the WTS dictates shunning from all these. Also those that lost relatives to the blood policy. The dub org is obviously not a loving one.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Sure, I have met them at Apostafests, I have talked with them on the phone. My whole life has been one tragic situation. My mom working like a dog at low paying crap jobs due to not being allowed a college education. My cousin lost her mom to the blood policy, it wasnt a quick death, but she lingered in a nursing home for 3 years. My uncle no doubt killed himself over alot of their BS doctrines.

• Pahpa
    Pahpa

It has been over 25 years now that my wife and I have been separated from our oldest daughter and her three children. We have not even seen our grandchildren during this time. My wife's sisters refuse to have any communication with her or her 96 year old mother who lives with us. Unless one has experienced this heartache one can not appreciate how devasting and cruel are the Watchtower policies of disfellowshipping and shunning. It has destroyed thousands of families.

The Watcthower organization denies this. It says that shunning is a personal decision on the part of individual members. It's another case of where it refuses to take responsibility and passes the blame to individual members. But the fact remains that it is an unchristian policy that makes the Watchtower accountable.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

yeah the WT loves to take credit when something goes right, but if something goes wrong then "it's your fault" "you did this to yourself" "we never said that" and I could go on and on.

• Handsome Dan
    Handsome Dan

Greendawn are you on drugs ? Do you consider the braking up of families a minor thing, maybe the intellectual destruction of jws another unimportant factor

well there are a many more, I could continue for hours here.......... Born and raised a jw I have a life time of experience with jws, trust me !

• unique1
    unique1

I am curious as to whether anyone knows of someone who didn't get vaccinated and suffered from it. I am sure there are many but I guess I am too young to know any of them first hand.

• Hannah
    Hannah

Hello!!!!!!!!! Like many ex-JW born and raised in borg and left I suffered a lot. To start with, when I was 12 my JW mother left my elder father for an elder in our KH. My parents divorced and I was raised by my JW father. I was basically forced to shun my mother who was DF'd for adultry. I grew up listening to all the gossip about her from my JW family and all the other witnesses that knew her. I was estranged from my own mother for years because of their stupid shunning policy and I will never forgive them for that. Because of the mental torment the JWs put my mother through she suffered several nervous breakdowns and became addicted to prescription drugs. Just when I got old enough to reestablish a relationship with her, she ended up in liver failure due to excessive drug use and died. Now that I've DA'd myself my father is shunning me. I took this so hard I ended up in the hospital for a week. Now I'm focusing on what I do have--my husband and my three kids. I love them and they love me. It's very difficult to shake the extremely bitter feelings I have. I am having a really hard time getting over it and if anyone has any suggestions on how to do this please share with the rest of us.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Handsome Dan, I most surely understand the cruelty of the WTS and whenever the occasion arises I try to explain to third parties eg a parent that sacrificed so much for his children and then gets rejected by them and not even invited to their weddings.

Unique 1, the vaccination ban was stopped long ago in the 1940's and it's unlikely there will be many victims of that policy around today. It's more likely to find victims of the organ transplant ban of the 1970's.

Junction Guy and Pahpa, the WTS gave a lot of grief to your families one wonders why teh GB doesn't understand how unchristian and indeed demonic their shunning policies are, they can exclude persons from their religion but they shouldn't interfere with their family or social life. And their blood policy is so schizophrenic as they constantly change it so that a victim's family can see that their relative would have been saved given today's more lax rules.

• avishai
    avishai

Uh, yeah, my brother and tons of others that did'nt get help or justice as a result of their twisted child abuse cover ups. Men and women who were told to stay in abusive relationships or be df'd, etc., etc.,

• greendawn
    greendawn

Hi avishai haven't seen you for a long time. Of course we forgot this other great chapter in the WTS abuse of its members, the child abuse that happens quite often in some parts of the world (and what child can find two witnesses to the abuse, are the abusers that silly to act before witnesses?) so much for their spiritual paradise. I also recall about the dubs that had to do prison instead of alternative service when this was banned by the GB, they are such charlatans.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit