Ex JWs that suffered to an unusual degree

by greendawn 22 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• aniron
    aniron
    the vaccination ban was stopped long ago in the 1940's and it's unlikely there will be many victims of that policy around today. It's more likely to find victims of the organ transplant ban of the 1970's.

The vaccination ban was not lifted till 1952/3.

"Vaccinations are no longer considered feeding on blood and no longer considered related to sex relations." Make Sure of All Things 1953

Organ transplants were banned until 1980.

• mia_b
    mia_b

Its sad isnt it that it is automatically assumed that we all suffer for leading our own lives. what a wicked borg to have being shunned by your own flesh and blood as being nothing unusual.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24
    the vaccination ban was stopped long ago in the 1940's and it's unlikely there will be many victims of that policy around today. It's more likely to find victims of the organ transplant ban of the 1970's.

Neither I nor my siblings were vaccinated as per the Watchtowers teachings. We were all born between 47-55 and all around to this day. sammieswife.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Thanks for correcting me, I thought Knorr stopped this ban soon after taking over from Rutherford. Sammielee I wonder how you felt about not having vaccinations and being left exposed to disease. Mia, there are good reasons for rejecting the JW religion and as you said no one should be punished for practicing such a basic right.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

www (dot) dannyhaszard.com

My story the f**king watchtower devils ravaged 4 generations of my family BOTH SIDES of my family 40 plus men women children

• Pahpa
    Pahpa

Greendawn

The old policy of the Society allowed for association and communication with disfellowshipped members provided one did not discuss religion. This seemed like a more reasonable approach to this whole situation. But sadly the Watchtower Society became paranoid after the witch hunt at Bethel in the early 1980s. It has maintained a hard line every since...

Some have suggested that the Watchtower changed its position on vaccinations when they were required for one to travel aboard. After WW II the Society was expanding in Europe and elsewhere and needed to have its representatives travel extensively. One has to wonder if the change wasn't convenient "new light" to accomodate this need.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Danny your story is very interesting and well known I wonder if at least some members of your family saw the light and left the dubs or became inactive. Pahpa thanks for the info I had been a dub in the 1980's and wasn't aware the DFing policy became extreme as we know it at about that time. The previous policy was more reasonable but obviously they changed it out of fear for their dissidents.

• sf
    sf

I wonder if gumby is reading this thread. And a host of others, in relation.

sKally

• Bryan
    Bryan

Hanna,

That's a very tough life and I'm sorry. I was kidnapped at 2 yrs by my servant (the 60's) father. I didn't find my mother until I was 33. She had searched for me for years then gave up and attempted suicide. Resulting in brain damage, she is more a child. I will never know who my mother really was or is today.

Not that I care now, but my father and step-mother shun me.

I do care, deeply, that my 22 year old daughter has shunned me since turning 19. In her letter she wrote "you know I should treat you as a disfellowshipped person". She was taught this just as I was when I was born into it.

The Towers destroys tens of thousands of lives a year.

Bryan

Have You Seen My mother

• Bryan
    Bryan

I would like to appologize.

I am a killer.

I killed this thread like black rubber on armadillo.

Please forgive me.

Bryan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit