Did the heavenly calling cease in 1935? Not anymore!

by AnnOMaly 288 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• willyloman
    willyloman
    If the heavenly calling was or is the only thing that was held out until 1931, oops I mean 1935, oops now we don't know,

Right, just as in 1995 we no longer knew that "this generation" was connected to the time period of 70-80 years after 1914.

This is another major announcement by the WTS that long-held, cherished teachings are now reduced to "who the hell really knows?"

How does this square with another prize teaching of the Watchtower: "The light keeps getting brighter" as we get closer to the end?

Shouldn't they know more, not less? Or have they completely missed the boat with their amazing chronological contortions?

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger
    Look for an astounding jump in the number of partakers, perhaps as early as this year. By Memorial 2008, I would not be surprised to see the number of "partakers" jump to 20,000, 30,000, 50,000, who knows?

Personally I can't see this but if it was to happen this would be brilliant!

They'd have a job explaining how they were different from mainstream Christianity. If this was to happen I think they'd have to reconsider and print something pretty heavy to "put down" a theological rebellion 100,000 a year being born again!!!

Will we see an exodus in the coming months comparable to those who saw the generation change.

The big difference is that anyone who smells a rat here will have the internet at their disposal which not everyone, if anyone, had in 95

• choosing life
    choosing life

I can't see how they can continue to believe that the 144,000 is a literal number. I would think by now many more than that have been annointed. Actually, that number should have been filled in the first century.

Well, the door is now open for any who wish to get annointed and partake at the memorial this year. I guess they have to do something about the increasing figures counted as annointed and the young age of them. I can't help but suspect that this is leading to more changes, though.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan
    So then, what category are dead "Great Crowd" members in? What sets them apart from the rest of dead mankind?

I brought up that very thing not to long ago on this thread

I think the end result is quite obvious. The Watchtower has allways been preoccupied with survival. The WTS has basically allways had this formula:

survival = salvation

The Watchtower states over and over that only by membership in it's orgnization can one 'survive the great day of God the almighty', or be 'saved'.

The big differance is that anointed ones can only get the heavenly reward if they are part of the WT orgnization. On the other hand 'other sheep' get the same reward as all of the ignorant people living on the earth that die before the big A.

The more time that passes without the end of this world shows the worthlessness of being a JW other sheep. If you are going to get the same reward regardless of what you did in this life time, then why be JW? The only reason to be JW is because of the fear you will not survive Armageddeon, that is it. According to their only theology there is no other reason to be JW other than to live a good life (yeah right).

• garybuss
    garybuss

YEAR BOOK of
    Jehovah's Witnesses
    For 1936

To the Jonadabs, or great multitude, the
    promise of the Lord is that if they continue faithful
    (p.18)

they may be hid during the time of Armageddon and
    pass through that time of great tribulation, and live
    for ever on earth, and never die. (p.19)

This failed! The people died. By dying, they proved
    they were not members of the "great crowd".
    They're not sheep, they're not great crowd,
    WHO ARE THEY?

• undercover
    undercover
    YEAR BOOK of
    Jehovah's Witnesses
    For 1936

To the Jonadabs, or great multitude, the
    promise of the Lord is that if they continue faithful
    (p.18)

they may be hid during the time of Armageddon and
    pass through that time of great tribulation, and live
    for ever on earth, and never die. (p.19)

Wow...great quote

• lesterd
    lesterd

Hey, the GB claims to be the one selecting, so they should know.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Like Ros wrote years ago, If the best way to guarantee getting into paradise is to be dead and never hearing the Watch Tower message, then Witnesses should be going door to door killing people.

• lesterd
    lesterd

There are no standards. Jehovah has choosen from the beginning, what it would take to judge and govern imperfect, sinful mankind, so of those choosen were for their sinful experiences in order to deal with sinners. Some were the lowest, most despicable humans, some were preordained to live such a life for the experience. Just like those that were blind, lame and sinners that Christ healed and forgave. They wernt JUST in the right place at the right time.

• cultswatter
    cultswatter

Those evil corrupt lying 2 bit f*ckin Jehovah False Prophets

*** w99 2/1 19 Our Treasure in Earthen Vessels ***

"No More Additions!"

At a Gilead graduation in 1970, Frederick Franz, then vice-president of the Watch Tower Society, told the students of the possibility that they, who were all of the other sheep with earthly hopes, might baptize someone who might claim to be of the anointed remnant. Could this happen? Well, he explained that John the Baptist was of the other sheep, and he baptized Jesus and some of the apostles. Then he went on to ask whether there still was a call for gathering in more of the remnant. "No, no more additions!" he said. "That call ended way back there in 1931-35! There are no more additions. Who, then, are the few newly associated ones who are partaking of the Memorial emblems? If they are of the remnant, they are replacements! They are, not additions to the ranks of the anointed, but replacements for those who may have fallen away."

We can clearly see that the Oracle Frederick Franz, under the oath of his annointed status and acting as Jehovah's mouthpiece, claimed the above doctrine as absolute truth!!. Who would have thought the WTS would backpedal on this doctrine some 37 years later.
    This latest doctrine change (May 1,2007) is not mere backpedalling but it is a major change in doctine. Here is the doctrine before and after the May 1st Watchtower doctrine "adjustments"

1. Before May 1, 2007: The "replacements" are those that replace the remnant that left the organization due to unfaithfulness

2. Before May 1,2007: The door to heaven was closed in 1935

3. After May 1. 2007: There are no more "replacements", actually, there was never any such thing as "replacements"

4. After May 1, 2007: The door to heaven was not closed in 1935, as a matter of fact we really don't know when it will be closed

---

Of course the JWD apostates saw this change coming years in advance but the average JW is truly asleep and probably could not care less These are serious changes in doctine!! . Imagine the doctrine changes that Jehovah's organization will reveal to the gullable JWs starting Jan 15, 2008!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit