Circuit Overseer's Cars - Anybody got the answers?

by The Searcher 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• New day
    New day
    Jhine, the circuit overseers get a monthly allowance as full-time servants of the org. I don't know what the amount is but it isn't that much. When they visit congs they receive expenses from each cong for things like toiletries and incidental food expenses. All their meals are supplied either by the couple they stay with or they have a main meal each day with different families. They also receive fuel and maintenance expenses each week from the cong they visit. We recently had a wt study which strongly hinted that individual Witnesses should maybe pay for their medical expenses as I don't know if these are covered. When they retire they are farmed out to congs as special pioneers on a small pension.
  • jhine
    jhine

Thank you , New day . So really they are in effect paid clergy . They may not earn a lot ,but their whole income is from the WT in one way or another .

Yet not many folk seem to recognise how close they are to clergy in other denominations.

Jan

• sir82
    sir82

So really they are in effect paid clergy .

Yes, they get free housing, free cars, free health care coverage, reimbursement for virtually all expenses, and lots of "green handshakes" when they visit the congregations.

Their income, as far as actual dollars passing into their hands, is just 4 figures. But they live a lifestyle of someone earning, oh, 60 - 80 thousand per year, in the USA.

• jhine
    jhine

This makes me to smile because Witnesses seem to look down on vicars ,priests, pastors and so on , without , as I said , realising that they have their own version .

Thank you sir82.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit