A Question for Underground Apostates, How Many Are There?

by Village Idiot 58 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Phizzy, I believe that most burn-outs are not necessarily amiable to the TTAT. I've known 3 inactives who wholeheartedly believed it was the truth and have no tolerance for those who criticize the Watchtower. Those are the ones who will come flocking back when they go through a life crisis. However, if only half of them learn TTATT that could have repercussions for the Watchtower. Let's hope that happens.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

We are legion because there are many of us ;)

seriously, i agree with phizzys assesment. Many have a gut feeling something isnt right but are not yet awake. To quote myself:

" Let me tell you why you're here. You're here because you know something. What you know you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it your entire life, that there's something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is, but it's there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad. It is this feeling that has brought you to me. Do you know what I'm talking about?"

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Richard_I, good luck with your fade.

I do think that there must be more than a thousand TTATT still ins like you throughout the world especially in the US. I know of one still in who used to live in my JW apartment complex where there's about a hundred active witnesses and 15% of the tenants are disfellowshipped. I do think that it will be risky for them to try and hook up with the others; everyone keeps their guard up.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

I just realized that my earlier post might be a little pessimistic. I was only thinking of the regular attendees. There are probably 3 or 4 that show up occasionally. Now they certainly aren't all awake. Most likely they're still indoctrinated but just know that they're unhappy in the cult so they stay away. One might be awake though.

My estimate would be that on any given Sunday there's probably about 0.25-0.5% in attendance that are properly awake. Obviously the awake ones are going to attend much less, so I wouldn't say that's a small number.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Still in, but daren't say a word to anyone in our new congregation.

So I'll never find out if I have any fellow students of TTATT!

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Morpheus, I like your reference to both Anonymous and the Matrix. As I say whenever the subject comes up: "blue delusion, red reality" - give me the red pill any day.

OneEyedJoe, "...there's probably about 0.25-0.5% ...", a slightly conservative number but you are probably right. I'm just being a bit optimistic with my 1%.

The Searcher, that is one of the most unfortunate parts of the predicament that TTATTs have to go through. After they successfully fade they cannot go back in to find out about any other TTATTs.

It must be lonely being in that position.

• cappytan
    cappytan
    Still in. I doubt there are any in my hall of 170+ publishers that are TTATT aware.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

I think that any fader who doesn't have family to worry about might try an experiment with others that are fading and see whether they are TTATTs. They can pose a question like "I've noticed you haven't been at the meetings lately. Do you still think it's the truth?"

If he dodges the question that might be a signal that he is mentally out. You should not get in trouble with the elders for asking that question since it is one that they themselves may pose. Worth trying unless you think he/she might get in trouble.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

cappytan, that's a pretty big congregation. Are you fading?

Edit: Never mind the question, I just saw your thread about your wife.

• prologos
    prologos

there are possibly three that are awaken thinkers, that do not mind poking fun at the latest wt flop on the mustard and the dragnet, after the meeting. At least one of the really heavyweights is ambivalent about precision knowledge on the ever broiling doctrines. but This is not an underground movement like the resistance in france or the partisans in Yugoslavia, more like people that know their own version of TTATT, that can not take the teachings seriously, but do --for the finances. It would be a serious blow to wt, in prestige and financially, if the enforcers would move against all the bright lights in the congregations.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit