Confused!!

by KCM 25 Replies latest jw friends

• KCM
    KCM

Hi All,

Have only just started posting on here. Read everyone elses though ... :-)

As some of you may know, I've just got my divorce through. Well......I was told by 2 elders last week (I had to have a kind of judicial) that my grounds for divorce were not sufficient. It's unbelievable, I've not been to the mtgs in 10 months and no one has tried to help me, yet my ex - who beat me, has got a fantastic reputation and is 'doing really well'. While I've been left to start my life over again. Thank goodness for not having any kids and still being so young I can rebuild my life.

Sorry to moan guys, it's just I don't really have anyone else to talk to as all my friends were in the 'truth'. I'm finding it pretty hard in this big wide world...but one thing is for sure....I know I definitly do not want to return to the mtgs!!!!

Has anyone got any advice for me on how to make friends etc...I sound really sad don't I??!! Gosh, 22 and no mates...sad!!!

Thanks guys, really appreciate your help!!

XXX

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Hi and welcome Confused, your story is not too far off from mine, went through a very similar experience except my ex didn't get get beat but walked with the cong blessing and I didn't go for over 8 mnths and they still DF'd me and it can be very trying at first but keep looking right here on the forum. You may be suprised how close someone may live to you.

abr

• Bstndance
    Bstndance

Aw :-(

Well you should be glad to know that there are a lot of members on here from the UK. Maybe they can provide you with some local advice. I wouldn't be too worried about what the elders say. Who cares!

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Sorry to hear of your problems, looks likes things are moving in the right direction for you though.

Your expierance sound so very similiar to many women on this forum. Leaving those people at the KH behind you may be the best thing, they more than likely will only continue to bring pain.

There are a great number of people on this board who live in the UK, I'm sure you're going to be making some friends you can meet up with here.

• *jeremiah*
    *jeremiah*

Welcome KCM,

I'm finding it pretty hard in this big wide world

Trust me,...it gets much easier and much better. Just hang in there and you will eventually make lifelong friends who will love you unconditionally.

Sorry to moan guys, it's just I don't really have anyone else to talk

Most of us can totally identify. Hang in there and I'm sure someone on JWD located in your neck of the woods could take you out for a pint.

• bernadette
    bernadette

Hi and welcome KCM

We are here for you.

bernadette

• KCM
    KCM

Guys...thank you so much! Your friendly words really cheered me up. :o)

Avidbiblereader, I can't believe you got dissed even though you hadn't attended mtgs for months, can I ask why? (you don't have to tell me if you don't want to)

bstndance: yeh you are right, who cares what the elders say.....

In all honesty I am actually happier away from the meetings....it's just a little hard adjusting to being able to do what I want and be free..... :o) Feels so good though!

• dobbie
    dobbie

Hi KCM just wanted to say welcome! I'm in a similar situation to you friendswise and although i've got my family i've lost my friends and have to start over.It's a shame we don't live nearer each other isn't it! I don't know if you work but if you do, have you work mates you could arrange to out out with, clubbing or cinema or whatever? Or how about joining a gym/aerobics class/college night course or something where you can meet people and get to know them? (and maybe i should try this myself!lol) Anyway if you need to rant or whatever feel free to do so anytime we are all listening! XDebbie

• ninja
    ninja

KCM welcome to the board...hang on in there...loads of similar stories here and people who can relate to how you are feeling...enjoy the rest of your life....; )

• KCM
    KCM

Hi Dobbie!

You've given me some great ideas, I think I'll try and join some sort of class. :o)

Funnily enough, I have a boy friend now and he's from Dorset....and I'll be there next weekend! Where do you live - I'll be in Weymouth, Wyke Regis!

No one knows about my bf, I know it's going to come out sooner or later, but for now, I'm happy to make my ex suffer like he did me. I'm such a cow!!!

If you fancy meeting up, I'll be up for it.

xxx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit