My husbands observation...

by megsmomma 25 Replies latest jw friends

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

It was in the early 1970's. A sister in CA son early 20's suddenly died in his sleep. He was weeks away from getting married. I remember his mother kept everything in his room exactly as he left it, because she was convinced that he would be resurected within in very short time, She also believed that since he and his girlfriend was so close to getting married that she was sure that Jehovah would allow their marriage in the new system and she was going to make sure the girl waited for him. I have wondered over the years what happened to them.

lisa

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Ask one JW where this is found in the Bible!!!! Again going above and beyond the things written and judging mankind. The scripture they will probably use is the one found that states those who are resurrected wont marry or be given in marriage, but notice the rest of the scripture and the context so that no one can say with a certainty

Mark 12:24-27 24 Jesus replied, “Your mistake is that you don’t know the Scriptures, and you don’t know the power of God. 25 For when the dead rise, they will neither marry nor be given in marriage. In this respect they will be like the angels in heaven. 26 “But now, as to whether the dead will be raised—haven’t you ever read about this in the writings of Moses, in the story of the burning bush? Long after Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob had died, God said to Moses, [ a ] ‘I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.’ [ b ] 27 So he is the God of the living, not the dead. You have made a serious error.”

Again more speculation, more important to stick to things that glorify God and Christ and don't worry about any of this as it is neither faith strenthening nor for encouragement.

abr

• under_believer
    under_believer

What if it meant that resurrected people could bang as much as they want without getting married? :)

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

Underbeliever, you may remember this incident that happened in our own state a few years ago. It was never stated that he killed his family to "save" them. But i couldn't help but think that when the news broke.

Family of six found dead; police believe father killed family, then self

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

It was in the early 1970's. A sister in CA son early 20's suddenly died in his sleep. He was weeks away from getting married. I remember his mother kept everything in his room exactly as he left it, because she was convinced that he would be resurected within in very short time, She also believed that since he and his girlfriend was so close to getting married that she was sure that Jehovah would allow their marriage in the new system and she was going to make sure the girl waited for him. I have wondered over the years what happened to them.

Lisa...ever read the words to Helen Reddys "Delta Dawn"? Sister is still sitting in her wedding dress in a Kingdom Hall 37 years later waiting for her man to be ressurected.

She was forty-one and her daddy still called her baby.
    Everyone in brownsville thinks shes crazy,
    cause she walks to the station with a suitcase in her hand.
    And shes looking for a mysterious dark-haired man.

In her younger days they called her delta dawn.
    Prettiest woman you ever laid eyes on.
    But a man of low degree stood by her side,
    And he promised he would take her for his bride.

Delta dawn, whats that flower you have on?
    Could it be a faded rose from days gone by?
    Did I hear you say he was meeting you hear today
    To take you to his mansion in the sky?

Delta dawn, whats that flower you got on?
    Did I hear you say he was meeting you here today
    To take you to his mansion in the sky?

Delta dawn, whats that flower you got on?
    Did I hear you say he was meeting you right here today?
    Hes gonna take you to his mansion in the sky.

Delta dawn, oh, what is that flower that youve got on?
    Could it be, could it be just a faded rose from one of those days gone by?
    Well, did I hear you say
    That he was gonna meet you right here, right here today?
    Hes gonna take you to his mansion in the sky.
    To take you to his mansion in the sky.

Hes gonna take you, hes gonna take you.
    Oh, hes gonna take you and you and you and you.
    Oh, gonna take you, take you to that mansion.
    Hes got to, gonna take you to that mansion.
    Hes gonna take you and you and you and you,
    Oh, you and you and you.
    Take you to his mansion in the sky.

Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh!
    Gonna take you. oh, oh.
    Hes gonna take you, gonna take you,
    Hes gonna, hes gonna take you to that mansion,
    Hes gonna take you and you and you, oh . . .

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420
    Lisa...ever read the words to Helen Reddys "Delta Dawn"? Sister is still sitting in her wedding dress in a Kingdom Hall 37 years later waiting for her man to be ressurected.

I would not be the least bit surprised if the mother had a break down. I remember her saying because they were ENGAGED that that was the same as being married in Jehovah's eyes.

lisa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit