My husbands observation...

by megsmomma 25 Replies latest jw friends

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

Buddy...was that guy a JW? I saw he mentiontioned the term "this system of things"...but did not see reference to JW's....am I blind...or do you know from another source?

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

Ok...thanks Buddy....I read it a coupple times thinking I just may be blind after all!

Edit: I just read the letters...Man, those were tragic. Sounds like maybe the wife was a JW...and he knew just enough to feel hopeless.

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

Hi Megsmomma & Buddy. Small world it is. My son was one of the officers that stopped Mark Barton. He had Barton blocked in with his patrol car and was facing him with his gun drawn when Barton shot himself. Barton could so easily have turned that gun on my son first. Scary thoughts.

I had never seen that letter before. Not only did he say "system of things", he also mentioned Jehovah twice in the same letter.

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

Wow...that is crazy mene mene.....

His letters make him sound rational and fairly "normal".....like most JWs. The thing is though....the things they are taught make it SEEM logical to possibly kill loved ones....but, then again, why would he be killing the other people that he didn't like? To me it seems that he didn't really understand the religious doctrine fully....or he would have thought he was doing his "enemies" a favor.....

• under_believer
    under_believer

I don't think anyone can argue that Barton is the norm among Witnesses. I don't think there are any more psychotic murderers among the Witnesses than there are among the general population, nor can a case me made for it. And if Barton hadn't been a Witness he would have found some other excuse for his murderous tendencies.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Megsmomma, so now the WTS is dangling the "future sex carrot" to keep people from leaving? BWAAHAAHAHAHAHAHA

• nonamegiven
    nonamegiven

Can someone PLEASE show me where this is taught??? I want to show my wife one day.

• onacruse
    onacruse

Hiya megsmomma:

Do the JW's concider what they are taught AT ALL??? (I know I didn't when I was in it)

That's something that Kate and I have talked about quite a bit, and even though we were both raised as JWs, our "take" was quite different. I swallowed the whole thing, every word, hook/line/sinker/boat/wharf. She was always "at a distance," as best I can describe it. So, some things (like this topic you started), just strike a chord in me, and bring back a lot of memories, and I'll get all excited and blabber on and on about it. She'll typically say something like "I was too busy raising my kids to bother paying any attention to silly stuff like that!"

However, to the topic!! LOL

Without doing a bunch of quotes, here's how I remember it: Those that survive Armageddon will, by reason of the continuity of existence, carry on with the marital and child-bearing activities. Those who are resurrected will not be married, as such (thus, 'like the angels'), though the option is open that they might remarry after they are resurrected.

OK, so here's one quote (couldn't help myself!):

*** w87 6/1 p. 31 Questions From Readers ***

Similarly, we have never lived as perfect humans. Thus we cannot be sure how we will feel about past relationships if and when we gain perfect human life in a paradise. It is good for us to remember that when Jesus made that statement he was a perfect human and therefore in a better position than we to appreciate the feelings of those who are "counted worthy of gaining that system of things." We can also trust that Jesus is able to ‘sympathize with our present weaknesses.’ (Hebrews 4:15) So if a Christian finds it hard to accept the conclusion that resurrected ones will not marry, he can be sure that God and Christ are understanding. And he can simply wait to see what occurs.

• rebel8
    rebel8

That quote was one of the reasons I left the borg.

I've used that one a lot, especially on myspace and xanga. Tends to make the young dubs think.

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos
    We were just discussing the whole thing about how ONLY those JW's that live through the big A will be able to still be sexual beings and pro-create

This is because marriage lasts until death. Those who are resurrected will be free from prior marriage privileges and responsibilty. No sexo for YOU! Those who survive the Big A will continue as man and wife.

Those who are not married at the Big A will not be permitted to marry or have sex. Sorry!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit