What do you do with your time???

by nonamegiven 20 Replies latest jw experiences

• nonamegiven
    nonamegiven

Well, now that you are out of the organization, what do you do with the time you gained? Let's see how much time we gained.

Assuming you were a publisher you spend at least 2 hours in service 3 saturdays a month plus the service meeting and drive time to and from the KH, let's call that 10 hours a month.

5 meetings a week plus "fellowshipping" before, after and drive time, let's call that another 40 hours a month.

Then there was meeting prep. another 8 hours a month

I won't even get into the time involved if you were a MS, Elder or Pioneer.

So, you have gained about 58 hours a month, what do you do with it?? I haven't gained those hours yet but soon will. I plan on spending some of that time excercising and getting back on my mountain bike to get back in shape physically and time in the garage getting my race car back on the track to get my head back in shape. Oh, there is one other thing I think I will be doing with that time, something you were not supposed to do with that time before. I'm going to think for myself.

Edited because my math sucked.

• Zico
    Zico

You could read JWD.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

I spend a lot more time just reading the Bible and not man made literture or listening to human thoughts about the Bible.

I also spend a lot more time exercising something that I really enjoy doing, especially since I am older and need to. The benefits far outweigh the time and muscle pain.

Way more family time.

abr

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

LOL at Zico.....It will suck up all your x-tra time for sure!

I like watching my favorite shows on "meeting nights".....Sleeping in on Saturdays..(Well, not with a baby now, but, before I did!)

Going for evening walks....Spending time in the kitchen......Reading theBible (took me a while to feel like I wanted to though)....Painting....making out with hubby.....

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader
    Reading theBible (took me a while to feel like I wanted to though)

It took me over two years after leaving the witnesses but I am really glad to have picked it back up and to see in it what I do now, clearer than ever.

abr

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

I use the time to do whatever I want, when I want without someone or some org telling me what I should be doing!!

nj

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I use valuable time on JWD, but really, I promise to cut down when I fade a bit more.
    (How many of you said that, and did or did not cut back?)

Otherwise, I plan to exercise a bunch this year. I also plan to relax more, enjoy the
    day. I can combine those two on my bicycle. I read many books that I didn't have
    time for (most of them are anti-cult or anti-JW, but I will read others).

I started going on true vacations at least once a year, a few years back. Even though
    the wife is still active JW, she loves these. I have managed to miss a few meetings, and
    catch a few. I imagine that will continue.

• Rebirth
    Rebirth

Friendships outside of JW. Volunteer work. Sleep. Time w/my family. Work. All those things suffered when I was a JW things are in balance.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

When I first left time was taken up with studying and preparing for up to nine courses per semester, raising 2 teens, reading, setting up a business, public speaking, and having a life

Now it is sightseeing, photography, knitting for all 3 grandchildren, still rewading, time on JWD, doing research and having a life

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

Lately, I've been shopping a lot. I have a whole new wardrobe this week for the first time in years, thanks to working 7 days a week (lately).

I've been reading a lot at night. This past year, I got rid of my t.v. because I was watching too much of it. Now, during the day, I work a lot. And at night, I read a lot. I am still reading science books (4 or 5 right now). I used to only read historical fiction and literature.

I've been spending too much time on the internet and decided to cut back on that. Don't have to go to work til noon, so here, I am, wearing an old new dress from the second-hand shop, telling you about what I do with my time.

My favorite things to do with my time are hiking in the woods, marveling at the natural world, reading and writing (both on the internet and on paper).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit