That goes without saying....
    for most of us, I imagine.

• found-my-way
    found-my-way

interact with human beings instead of mindless drones

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate

You missed something in your math:

5 meetings a week plus "fellowshipping" before, after and drive time, let's call that another 10 hours a month.

With driving and prep should be minimum 10 hours/week. So 4.3 weeks/month= 43 hours. 43+18=61 hours minimum hours/month free time.

I agree with what's been said- for me, more time for exercise, recreation, research, and running a business.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

I spend 12 days out of every 14 helping economically and socially disadvantaged kids learn to be responsible, contributing adults so the cycle of poverty in their respective families can stop with them.

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

Tuesday I volunteer to go to a hospital and pray with people there who need that. (I actually ran into a JW family once and sat down with them and asked me if I could pray with them for their family and it was a trip ....)

Wednesday I teach the 1st grade class at church.

Thursday I teach a woman's Bible study. (Its more like a support group type deal and I ask questions that prompt people to talk about their life.)

The rest of the days I goof off. (I have a mon - fri 8-5 job)

The difference is that I do all of this stuff because I really want to and I enjoy doing it. Its not like the meetings where I dreaded every night.

• Hecklerboy
    Hecklerboy

3 nights a week I have martial arts training and the weekends are reserved for mountain biking.

Also love going on dates with my wife and helping her with her homework.

On Tuesday and Thursday nights while I'm at Karate class I sometimes think about the poor drones sitting in the KH listening to how they are not good enough and how they need to do more.

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Anything I feel like!!!

I love making new friends with people I work with or whatever, and I don't have that stupid influence anymore that nonJWs are evil & worldly. Also--whatever I spend my time doing, I don't have to sit through stupid meetings telling me I shouldn't be enjoying spending my weekends doing fun recreation that I deserve to enjoy with my family.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I do things I like that are fun and interesting with nice people who are also fun and interesting. I like to read and write, those things take time, knit, get out and look at nature, meditate, watch television, spend hours on the computer even before I found JWD, hang out with my husband, visit friends, have friends over to dinner, take vacations with friends, and not a JW in the bunch although I recently reunited with an old ex=JW friend and we visit her and her really cool husband in the mountains, too.

• snowangel
    snowangel

I sleep-in on the weekends!

I go out and have fun on meeting nights, or I stay in and enjoy being able to do whatever I want.

Specifically, I go out to bars and clubs to listen to music, I go out on dates, hang with friends.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit