Guess what... someone hit my parked Mini Cooper AGAIN. :S

by Elsewhere 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Hmmm, I wonder how many pieces make up a "full-size car"?

lmao...

That sucks. I got hit by all sorts of stuff when I owned a red car. I vowed - never again.

Yeah... what's up with that??? I have owned several modest cars in my life and no one ever ran into them. However, as soon as I get a nice car it's open season!

• jgnat
    jgnat

Dallas, huh? That's like Alberta (oil country) south, isn't it? Around here it's all hemi trucks. You are right, they don't see bugs that low.

• juni
    juni

Sorry to hear that Elsewhere. I remember your first hit a year ago.

If you were driving an old beater you would never get even a scratch!!

Juni

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Sorry to hear about your car troubles again. I never had a problem with any car in my life, and then I bought my Monte Carlo and it attracts trouble like a magnet.

Let's see, someone backed into me while sitting at a red light. Someone slid into me in the snow, no damage there though. I had a semi truck blow a tire and tore my bumper all to heck. The last thing happened last fall. I went to the store and when I came out there was a scrape on my bumper, I almost went ballistic. Trouble Is I believe it happened here at the apartments, and just didnt notice it when I got to my car because the streetlights werent on yet. I could have went the insurance route, paid the deductible and had it fixed, but I just said, "no way" I could care less anymore. I told Mom I have way more problems to worry about than a scraped bumper, and she agreed. Whenever I get the time and the notion Im gonna buy some yellow touch up paint, but I really dont care anymore.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Oh one more thing, on the way to Dayton 2 years ago, a whole bunch of lumber fell off a truck, and I ran over a 4x6 board, shook the whole car, and shook me up too. Wanna swap cars now?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    it attracts trouble like a magnet.

Remembering that this is JWD, a JW would say that Jehovah is not blessing this
    lousy field service vehicle. You should have a minivan or SUV, at least a sedan.

Trouble does seem to come to newer, nicer stuff. I have had my share of beat-up
    used cars that didn't seem to attract dings, but the nicer ones do. It's just
    Murphy's Laws.

• OICU8it2
    OICU8it2

Man you must be pissed! I hate it when these inconsiderate low-lifes don't even think of anyone but themselves. Misery loves company so here's my 2 cents worth: sittin' in the ol' lady's new 54 thousand dollar STS watchin' "From Dusk to Dawn" while she's gettin' nails done. Some f@#k goes to open door in his piece of crap but I see it coming and have my arm out waiting. Sure as hell, he opens door and his little girl slams it into me. Man he doesn't even stop but hurriedly packs it in and almost backs into someone else hightailing it. I did not say anything because of the little girl. Anytime my grandson or granddaughter get out I'm ready to keep them from doing that. Sorry about your cool car. I love those things.

• anewme
    anewme

When I was first dfd and on my own I had no car so a neighbor let me pay in installments for his little teeny Honda Civic Coupe. It was yellow and looked like a toy. He had stripped it of all its chrome stuff and smoothed out other things and I thought it was cool and cute!

It had a salvage slip, as it had been in three auto accidents already when I got it. Poor baby! It was a five speed and it was so fun to zip around in. But taking it on the freeways and roads I learned quickly that few drivers respected my little yellow lady bug like I did! I was definitely a magnet for all kinds of road abuse by bully drivers. I felt intimidated by the way other drivers drove recklessly around me, tailgating me, cutting me off and leering at me like I was some road nuisance in my cute little car. It really brought out the aggressive and worst side in many strange people. This surprised me. I drove it for two years using the back roads up here and when it began to have some problems I sold it to another enthusiast online.

It is dangerous in my opinion to drive those cute little cars anymore especially in busy metropolitan areas.
    I got a big black 4dr sedan after that. And I am going to get a bigger car next time as I got hit last year and my passengers got injured in my sedan and the insurance company of the offending driver is still giving them grief almost a year later over the bill for their injuries. So hopefully the next vehicle will be bigger and taller and more intimidating to other drivers and they will drive more carefully around me-----or they are ones who will be sorry.

The cute little cars are not considered luxury cars and so when going before a judge for compensation it can be difficult to get justice. If you are going to continue to drive a small compact, I say increase the amount of insurance you carry on yourself and your passengers and definitely carry comprehensive.

Sorry about your baby Elsewhere!

Anewme

• Bstndance
    Bstndance

That sucks man!!!! Being a Mini driver I feel for you. People in larger cars always try to bully me around on the road.

Maybe it's time to valet.

• thecarpenter
    thecarpenter

Sorry to hear that buddy, I had a similar problem with a honda civic hatchback I owned about 12 years ago. Small cars in NYC just seem to get hit a lot or maybe it's that they sustain more damage when they are hit...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit