Guess what... someone hit my parked Mini Cooper AGAIN. :S

by Elsewhere 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Back in July of 2006 someone hit my parked Mini Cooper in a parking lot and then tried to say it was my fault... even though I wasn't even in the car.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/116712/1.ashx

After laughing at the other driver, their insurance paid for my repairs. (They tore off my front-right fender)

Well, guess what!!!!

Someone hit my parked Mini Cooper AGAIN!

This time they tore off my rear-left fender.

I don't get it! I have driven many other cars that were WAY bigger than a Mini Cooper and NEVER had anyone hit them. Now that I'm in a tiny car, it seems like no one can see it when its parked.

I always keep one of those disposable camera's in my glove compartment (for just such an occasion), so I was able to take pictures of the damage to my car and their car. I also got the plate number, VIN number and make and model. Before I left I placed a note on their windshield requesting they contact me with their insurance information and mentioned the photos.

I called the police and they told me to go to the nearest police station, but when I arrived they told me to call the main number again and just file a phone report since it was such a minor incident.

I'll call them tomorrow... right now I need a drink.

• Purza
    Purza

That is awful! Very sorry to hear you have to go through the whole routine again. Ugh.

Purza

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

bad things come in three homey. sorry to hear about this one, the previous one and the one that is to come.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

That sucks dude. I hope it works out ok.

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

Off-hand I'd say you were probably parking in the wrong place but not much choice in Dallas?

I've always had ridiculously expensive cars and have only been able to keep them nice after I moved from the big city and all the preocupied people there.

No matter WHERE you park, how far out in the lot, some A-hole in a POS pick-up or clapped-out econo-box will always wind up parking next to you. Find an end spot and park Waaaaay over from the line? Some jerk will park right on the line and still ding your door. Gets tiresome when every door ding costs $100 to get fixed properly.

So I feel for you.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

THAT'S it... Time to give it to me. I will take good care of it for you.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Off-hand I'd say you were probably parking in the wrong place but not much choice in Dallas?

Nope... I was parked squarely in the middle of a designated parking space that was marked "compact car". The other car was a full-size car that the driver attempted to park in the adjacent "compact car" space.

THAT'S it... Time to give it to me. I will take good care of it for you.

How about I just give you a ride in it.

• serendipity
    serendipity

That sucks. I got hit by all sorts of stuff when I owned a red car. I vowed - never again.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Oy shite.

That sucks.

Do you want me to hex 'em?

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Hey, point out the idiot who did it and those of us coming to the Apostafest shall exact . . . APOSTAREVENGE!!! Hmmm, I wonder how many pieces make up a "full-size car"?

Nina

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit