Guess what... someone hit my parked Mini Cooper AGAIN. :S

by Elsewhere 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Thanks for sharing all of your stories!

Maybe this can be the "My Baby Got Banged By Somebody Else" thread.

• silentWatcher
    silentWatcher

yeah, I used to have a Subaru WRX -- limited edition sonic yellow. someone rammed it with a shopping cart at safeway. actually, dented the passenger side front quarter panel so bad it had to be totally replaced. grrrrr. I feel for ya else.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

My daughter has a Caddilac SUV and she took it to the dealer for maintenance work. She left it overnight in their lot and someone stole her 4 tires and wheels..it seems the dealer won't pay for them because they make you sigh a release releasing them of any responsibility before they work on the car !!! I couldn't believe she signed it. I would have refused service and went somewhere else. Preferably with a big fence around the service area and bobwire on top!

That's a lot of money!

And regarding your car being hit...again..it seems to work that way..when my car got hit I got it fixed and it was only a few weeks later it was hit again...the car was only a few months old.

A few years later it was hit AGAIN!..It seems Missouri has a no-fault law so they tried to say it was 5 percent my fault!..The stupid lady crossed 3 lanes of traffic to make a left turn. She plowed into my side ..The funny part was I was stopped in traffic..no where to go...and they still tried to say it was 5 percent my fault. I argued with my Ins. man untill he finally reached in his pocket and gave me the extra money.

I was still angry because they use that for an excuse to raise your premium even tho it is NOT your fault.

I am still with the same insurance but have a different agent..

Snoozy..

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Ok, my Little Baby is all better now. All patched up and good as new.

The damage looked really bad... large fender parts on the ground, under the "other" car and broken lights scattered around. I got seriously lucky in that everything that was hit, scratched or torn off of my car was plastic parts that snap or screw on. There was no need for any body work or repainting.

Since I did not see the offence the cops said they couldn't do anything, so I had to drop the whole thing. The other driver also emailed me with some PDF scans of records from his dealer showing that they had noticed some scratch marks on his car before the accident. Apparently the dealer makes notes of these things when people bring in their car for routine free maintenance that come with the car purchase.

I'm still not 100% convinced since I could easily make the same kind of hand written notes using a few simple tools on my computer. Forging and altering scanned and electronic documents is extremely easy these days.

I tried to call the dealer to authenticate the documents, but they wouldn't tell me anything due to privacy concerns. I know I could have pretended to be the owner, but I'm not into pretexting because I consider it to be a form of identity theft... something I despise with a passion.

I'm just going to have to let it go.

When I went to my dealer's service and parts department I was cringing at the thought of how much they were going to charge for the parts and labor. Anyone who has ever bought dealer parts knows just how expensive they can be. I asked for the needed parts and as the guy typed in everything I was thinking they were going to charge me $150 for the fender part and maybe $50 for the light fixture... then who knows how much for labor.

When he was done he gave me the total price, including tax: $30 and change. I couldn't believe it!

The guy pointed out that the parts are so easy to put on that I could do it myelf... so I brought them home and installed them this morning... took about 15 minutes.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

congrats!!! you should be clear of evil influences for 6 months. until then, party on!!!

• ButtLight
    ButtLight
    I'll call them tomorrow... right now I need a drink.

I just saw this thread for the first time, So I will have one with ya!

Then I will have one cuz its fixed..........

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit