HE'S OUTSIDE RIGHT NOW, OUTSIDE RIGHT NOW, OUTSIDE RIGHT NOW!

by Schism 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Gill
    Gill

Schism! You big Chicken Poop! I hope you went out there and removed your father from your property.

I find straight talking helps! 'Dad! You're a brainwashed idiot!' My parents usually understand straight talk and then 'Bye!' Always works for me and always keeps them coming back for more.....but only on my terms!

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420
    I showed the film to hubby later, he was horrified. All he saw was his shiny bald spot.

Laughed out loud...

for jgnat hubby http://www.onlyhairloss.com/glh/

lisa

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk
    I find straight talking helps! 'Dad! You're a brainwashed idiot!' My parents usually understand straight talk and then 'Bye!' Always works for me and always keeps them coming back for more.....but only on my terms!

Gill..spoken like a true ballsy English Lady!

Never mind about all these stupid Cyber huggy things Schism,your Dad is a nutter (no offense intended)and has no right to come round and ruin your Day/evening.While you let him,he will continue to do it.You really do need to get some Balls!Tell him to feck off for crying out loud,this is getting Boring!

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I hope you got rid of him what a nightmare and your poor porr husband. He is a hero having to deal with that. If Mr C (as was) had had to spend -five minutes listening to anything my dad had to say I think he would have bawled him out - in fact he would have done. Your hubby sounds like a saint but you should not take advantage of that.

Anyway a sufre way to get rid of him would be to yell out so the neighbours can hear that you would love to chat about the disgusting pedophile protection ring the borg runs, how it brainwashes its children, how it lies about affiliations with organisations like the United Nations which it secretly joined until outed by the Guardian, or how its murderous blodd policy is responsible for scores of deaths, but that you intend to have dinner first. If that does not shock him into silence then a bucket of cold water should do the trick. Just say you were aiming at the lawn!

• Schism
    Schism

The weirdest thing happened last night...

Hubby came in, big smile on his face. Dad was gone. I was like......

He and dad were having a decent conversation. My dad didn't want to talk to me at all. He just wanted my man's views on stuff. They had a debate, but they really do like each other, so it was one involving laughter. Dad said that his feelings were hurt that I've been hiding from him, but my man was like, "you guys are intimidating the hell out of her. What do you expect? She doesn't want to talk religion".

Remember you guys...I DO have guts. I am 21, and I have JUST TOLD my mom exactly how I feel about the Bible and their religion. Give me some credit! I am an "out of the closet" apostate. It finally happened! And I did that all on my own. I was logging off of this forum to go rescue him when he walked in. I was GOING to do it. With a drink in hand, of course

My hubby shocked me. He honestly did. I didn't think he was handling it. He really enjoyed it. They never got ugly with each other before. I couldn't imagine them fighting or losing their cool.

My husband said, "if I could convince you that evolution actually happened, would you lose belief in Jehovah?" My dad said, "yes, if you could really prove it" (my dad thinks that scientists dreamt evolution up using only billion-year-old monkey-teeth. He doesn't believe that they have skulls or anything) Boy, that was a bold question, with an equally shocking answer! Of course, I won't hold my breath on the outcome.

Oh yeah, my dad did inform him that they have gone to the elders to tell them how I now feel about Jehovah. The elder he told this to began to cry. Hubby said, "But that's not Schism's fault. Don't you see, she is choosing her beliefs, and everyone blames her for making them cry. It's not her job to keep everyone happy."

Oh, and this will be the SECOND time my parents get me DFed. I can hardly wait! Cheers to that!

All in all, the conversation went well, they laughed, debated with humor, and I didn't have to do anything. I don't think I should have had to do anything anyway, but I was going to tell them it was too late at night for this.

This is the reason my man should handle people. I say, "hello, how are you? Lovely day isn't it?" And whoever I am talking to will get offended. Hubby, on the other hand, can't get anyone mad. He has the natural tone of voice and rhythm of speaking that people just don't get offended by. It's not a soft-spoken thing. He can give an insult, but it will come out more funny than insulting. So, whatever....my dad and I would have fought and I'm glad I didn't get involved. I can't handle that man. We push each others' buttons raw.

BTW, my dad, though he is a controlling ass, is very sad right now because of my views on religion. He would love to be closer to me, and he really does love me. I couldn't ever bring myself to slam a door in his face, or call the cops. Because behind all that "toughness", he is very soft-hearted, and if I did something like that, he would cry the entire way home. I wouldn't be able to sleep at night. I can be rude to strangers, but for several reasons, I just can't do it to my dad. Sorry if that makes me a wimp or a baby. I do need to take up for myself and my man, but I can't be ugly about it.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Glad to hear everything ended peacefully.

But that's not Schism's fault. Don't you see, she is choosing her beliefs, and everyone blames her for making them cry. It's not her job to keep everyone happy

Wise husband. It's not your job to keep everyone happy.

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Well Schiz...it freaks me out this man just shows up and stalks you ...dad or not. And if you get DFd he will use the excuse of coming over to "debate" the husband every chance he gets to get to YOU.

So now they will get you DFd....how loving.

• blondie
    blondie

I figure it is up to your husband if and how long he wants to talk to his FIL. But he shouldn't involve you in it (keep him out of the house, e.g.). My hubbie had a few conversations with my family before he realized you can't talk to someone who has their mind made up and doesn't listen. But if it starts to be like stalking or intrusive, time to tell hubbie to go over to his FIL and have the conversation.

Blondie

• mavie
    mavie

Looks like it was handled great. It's ok to feel threatened and scared at times, this is a normal part of the process.

I had to tell my parents to f*ck off last night. I think the boundary has been set there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit