HE'S OUTSIDE RIGHT NOW, OUTSIDE RIGHT NOW, OUTSIDE RIGHT NOW!

by Schism 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Schism
    Schism

Oh did I mention that if I try to cut the conversation off, my dad will either ignore me, or bring it in here?

He is UNSTOPPABLE!!

• Who are you?
    Who are you?
    Today at work, my man had to rush his EMT PARTNER to the ER

This dude's partner is in ER. This talk from FIL can wait. The partners situation was an emergency. This BS with your Dad is not. Tell him dinner is ready and tell your Dad to go home.

A guy who's been through about 5 of these. The longer it goes, the better chance its gonna get ugly.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Do you have more than on vaccum in your home? Encyclopedia set? Insurance policies? How do you stop salesmen? It's the same way with unstoppable parents. You DON'T HAVE to respond to every shot he sends your way.

A good friend has a "don't call, don't answer" policy that's worked very well for her. She needed to cut ties for her own sanity. You might have to do that at some point.

• juni
    juni

Schism said:

Oh did I mention that if I try to cut the conversation off, my dad will either ignore me, or bring it in here?

He is UNSTOPPABLE!!

So what if he ignores you. Isn't that what you would like to happen? If he enters your home uninvited in a tirade - CALL THE POLICE. For God's sake women get a hold of yourself.

That is not fair to your husband to handle this on his own.

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

Maybe you could go stick your head out the door and say, ''Honey, time for dinner'', let your husband in and then shut the door and lock it....then turn the ringer off the phone for the rest of the night. Hell...if he (your dad) still insist on staying outside your house, call the cops. Just my 2 cents... ~luv, jojo

• Schism
    Schism

If I go out there, I know he's just gonna keep on talking. Or maybe even try to pry something out of me. Or say, "ok almost done", and keep going on and on and on.

Oh, welcome to the board by the way!

OK, I freaked out but now I'm calming down for some reason. It must be the therapy of the forum!

• restrangled
    restrangled

Oh yes, you can stop your dad. ....Stick your head out the door, announce your husband has to eat, this a stupid topic and you will have none of it on your property. Your husband needs to eat and your father needs to go home.

Tell him to leave now and he is not invited in to continue the problem. CASE CLOSED!

Get tough! You can do it.

r.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I'm thinking that kitty is right on the money. I bet his lips would REALLY HURT if they got stuck in the door. He might not ignore you next time.

The way you get children and parents to listen to you is to follow through. Don't argue. Don't repeat yourself, don't respond, don't follow his rabbit trails, just do.

• Schism
    Schism

People, I don't want to call the cops on my dad!

And this isn't like a salesperson. Parents are different. I will say just about ANYTHING to anyone, just not my parents! I just can't say anything to them. Don't know why. They've got the parental-grip or something.

I'll need a few shots of tequila before I'm sticking my head out that door. That would only make me able to say something without stuttering and choking on my tongue.

• Schism
    Schism

Damn, 8:30 already! Alright, I'm going get drunk....

Edited to add: To save my man!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit