HE'S OUTSIDE RIGHT NOW, OUTSIDE RIGHT NOW, OUTSIDE RIGHT NOW!

by Schism 38 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

OK, your misery. I'm signing off, and good luck tonight. I'm watching Video on Demand.

• restrangled
    restrangled

No Alcohol needed,

Stand up for your family, your husband, and your own home. Start screaming if need be.

Right now put and end to it,....this is your property, your husband, your family....This is your big opportunity to make a stand for your self....and all of the above.

Stop being so weak.......get mad and put and end to the scenerio.

r.

• juni
    juni

I agree w/restrangled and jgnat Schism.

Juni

• Who are you?
    Who are you?

If you are serious about getting him in, then you can tell your hubby that someone is on the phone about his partner. Then you can explain to your Dad that your hubby was involved in an actual emergency today and he needs to focus on his partner.

It is all about setting boundries. Right now, this situation you are describing, is a complete violation of both you and your husbands boundries.

This is not fair. This is not right.

My FIL was 6'2" 320...I understand the situation. Get hubby in before it escalates. He's going to get pissed and give it to your Dad and then its really going to get ugly. When hubby lets him have it, then Dad will come after you anyway. Your Dad will never stop until you tell him to.

Been there, done that

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs
    I'll need a few shots of tequila before I'm sticking my head out that door. That would only make me able to say something without stuttering and choking on my tongue.

Here ya go...

But honestly.....(seriously NOT trying to be a d!ck) you have GOT to take control of your life at some point. How old are you? You're obviously over 18...you know what that means?....you have the right to tell someone that you don't want to be there to leave. Yes, I'm only 21, but it took me exactly 21 years until I managed to stick up for myself, especially against my family. But the day I finally did it, I felt like I ruled the world. What's the worse that could happen?...........he leaves................which sounds like it might not be that bad of a thing.

~luv, jojo

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

what you do is go out, say dinner's ready, hold open the door for your husband, block your dad by standing in front of him and say see ya later and then firmly shut the door. Don't answer anything, don't take up any topic, don't stand there, don't look to see how he takes it. If your husband doesn't take the opportunity, go back in and eat your dinner and let him handle it his own way. My god woman, you misssed American Idol because of this. Also, it really helps to say to someone like that, "how many times do I have to say no before you can hear me?" Then shut the door, hang up the phone, walk away, whatever. Block the emails, screen your phone calls, you don't have to engage in the discussion.

• gymbob
    gymbob

"Anyone can man the wheel when the sea is calm".

It's not calm now, and it's not going to be easy, just do it...and you can!

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir

It's very simple (but very difficult).

You go out there, you get your husband's attention, say, "Honey, supper is on the table, go eat."

Get between your dad and the door, and say, "Dad, neither of us is going to discuss this with you any more. GO HOME." Do not yell, do not scream, do not threaten, do not get into a conversation of any sort with him. Just "Dad, go home. I don't want to call the cops and have them remove you." And go inside and shut and lock the door. Do not answer, do not answer the phone.

My dad's a sweetheart but my father-in-law is a controlling bastard. I have 25 years of experience. (none of our family were ever JWs but us, so it's nto a JW thing).

• jgnat
    jgnat

Well, it's morning, and I hope all went well last night.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

OK, I know I'm a little late and I hope everything turned out ok.

I do want to say that YOU have to stand up to your parents, not your hubby. Your dad needs to be put in his place now before he comes between you and your hubby. My dad tried to do the same with my husband and I finally put my foot down, told him that neither of us was interested in the JW org, would never be and if he did not stop, I'd SHUN HIM instead of him shunning me!!!

I cut off ties with them for 3 years, no talking no visiting. My relationship with my husband grew stronger, my relationship will always be strained with my parents, but I don't care. My husband would never turn his back on me for any reason, but I can't say the same for my parents.

You are an adult - make them respect you as an adult!!!

nj

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit