HE'S OUTSIDE RIGHT NOW, OUTSIDE RIGHT NOW, OUTSIDE RIGHT NOW!

by Schism 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Schism
    Schism

OMG, dad's been calling all day and I've been hiding. Hubby's finally called him to tell him we don't want to talk about it. After hubby had been on the phone with him for almost an hour (he was on the phone outside while I was inside cooking), I hear my dad's voice! He is out there trying to indoctrinate my man all over again. I know this time it won't work, but I don't know whether to go out there, stay in here, hide, puke, or what!

*bites nails nervously*

• jgnat
    jgnat

Stay where you are, sweetie. It sounds like your hubby is FED UP.

When my hubby had it out with the dumpster diver, I hid in the computer room and aimed my computer cam out the window. Just in case anything bad went down. I showed the film to hubby later, he was horrified. All he saw was his shiny bald spot.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic
    I don't know whether to go out there, stay in here, hide, puke, or what!

Time for a girl to become a woman and go outside and after giving 'ol dad a hug tell him you really aren't interested. Men really respect when their woman stands up for what she believes, believe me your hubby will have a whole new respect for you.

Sending good vibes your way sweetie!

• restrangled
    restrangled

Your ok, go out and tell dad your a big girl and you appreciate his opinion but with this topic it doesn't cut the mustard in your family.

STAND UP GIRL, YOU CAN DO IT!

r.

• Schism
    Schism

OMG, jgnat I love you. Ok I'll stay. Unless I am summoned

My man is so professional. He is keeping his cool. Dad sounds ok too. I wish I could hear what they are talking about. It's 8 oclock and we haven't had supper. Today at work, my man had to rush his EMT PARTNER to the ER. Vomiting due to an upper GI bleed. Dangerous stuff. Stressfull day, no supper, and he has to put up with THIS!

I wish I could just tell him to LEAVE US ALONE! He will try to hold him out there until midnight. He doesn't realize that not everyone wants to talk that long! He won't let him go for hours to come. I'll be lucky if my presence isn't requested. Someone shoot me please....

I wish I had a cam. I thought about securing one with a view to outside of that door a while back. I knew this day would come, and the cam would come in handy. I don't know if he's strangling my husband or if they are making out. I dare not go out there, although when I go check on the food, I am in plain sight of them. I can't see them, they can see me though. It's dark out.

Geez.....

• Schism
    Schism

Oh, multiple posts!

Oh no you 2!! I'm not going out there!! Hubby's proud enough at my balls.

In fact, it's his turn to stand up to them. I've fought with them all week through email!

Give me a good fight in Walmart with strangers anyday. Mace the bastards and make them impotent! But NOT THE DAD TALK!!!!!!!!!!! I won't do it!!

*huddles into corner in fetal position and sucks thumb*

• jgnat
    jgnat

Hmmm, when I saw a back-and-forth going on too long at work, I intervened and reminded my partner we had a deadline. My partner thanked me afterwards.

Maybe at some point you can go out and give your hubby an exit sign, "Dinner's ready honey...daddy, really you should go now," something like that. It might not hurt to give a cuddle and a kiss. Any sign of solidarity is good. "For this reason we leave mommy and daddy, to come together as one flesh" or something like that.

• juni
    juni

Do you think your husband would like support from you? That would be the loving thing to do. Also you could cut the conversation off cause it is YOUR Dad - so that your husband can get in the house and eat dinner after a rough day.

Just my opinion to suck it up and go rescue your hubby.

I've fought with them all week through email!- - you said.

You don't have to fight. Tell them like jgnat said. You are husband and wife and they have no business interfering w/your decisions as a couple.

Come on girl - get up and stand up in person to Dad. You'll feel much better for it. Otherwise he continues his control over you.

Juni

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((schism)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Oy, I'm glad your man is so strong. It Does help.

You stay strong and stick to yer guns. It Does get better.

• Schism
    Schism

I know he would rather not have this talk with him right now! It's so uncomfortable for him!!! But I have never been close to my dad, so it's uncomfortable for me too!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit