My reinstatment letter part deux

by nonamegiven 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

OTWOs edits are perfect. You can't make the letter too long because they may overanalyze it. I think you're showing a great deal of remorse and you mention your determination to not repeat the behavior and show works of repentence by trying to undo any damage. How long have you been df'ed? Is this the first request for reinstatement? How many know the specifics? Have you been attending every meeting?

Not that I agree with this line of questioning, but these are the things the JC is going to go over in addition to whether they think you are "truely repentant". It make take more than one request, especially if the timeframe on the df'ing is less than 6 months or if lots of people were affected.

• ferret
    ferret

I need a barf bag.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    Despite increasing work loads and family commitments, it is clear to myself and my family that I have made great strides

You don't think this is a case of blowing your own trumpet somewhat and contradicts the "humbly" part at the end.

I'm afraid there is no heart in this letter - it sounds calculated and insincere. I would not reinstate you on the basis of this letter. I will look and see if I can find one of mine at the weekend. I got reinstated twice and on my first request both times.

Mine last one was 10 pages long and I dont think I actually asked for reinstatement once - I think I just said that I trusted Jehovah's spirit would guide them lovingly in their discipline of me and protection of his flock just as he so lovingly did when he disfellowshipped me.

• karnage
    karnage

I know that we all have our reasons for doing whatever it is that we do, but after reading the information here on this board and seeing what the WTBTS is really all about, why would you want to go back?

No matter what, I wish you the best. I just hope for your sake, no one from that congregation is reading this board.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Perhaps I lack the irony, but if you don't believe one word of what you write I'm afraid this kind of exercise may prove more self-destructive, psychologically, than any "addiction". And I'm not a huge advocate of "self-respect".

I hope I'm wrong, and I wish you the best. Sincerely.

• dust
    dust

"I never wanted to do the things I have done". As a side point, even Paul had that problem, and he analysed it in Romans 7:14-25 (also see verses 7-13).

• vitty
    vitty
    I have been in counseling for some time now because I recognized the fact that I was indeed powerless to my addiction.

I would definitely take that out

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Yes definietly lose the counselling bit! You are supposed to have been moved by holy spirit to heartfelt on your knees repentance. You have spent nights in tears praying for forgiveness for hurting jehovah. His spirit let you see the error of your ways. Not Satan's therapists!

• nonamegiven
    nonamegiven

Thank you all for your help. I took OTWO's letter and changed just a few things to suit my personality better.

I do hope there are no elders from my congo on this board but if there are, oh well. I've been DF'd for about 7 months now and this is my first request. If they deny it then I think I will just walk. I want to be reinstated to gain family ties and friends but I'm not going to do this for a year or better. I lived 2 lives for WAY too long in regards to my addiction and I want nothing more than to just live MY life and be a better person.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Thank you all for your help. I took OTWO's letter and changed just a few things to suit my personality better.

Yes, it needs to be a letter from YOU. My suggestions were minor, and I tried to keep the essence
    of YOU in there, but I felt that change was needed.

I tried to turn the counseling into a personal growth thing that made you think about your family, but
    not as a continual excuse that you had an addiction. While it may be true, the elders and the Borg
    don't want to hear that there was an actual reason other than sin and weakness for your actions.

Certainly, make the changes that YOU want to, and deliver the letter.

Added- I did follow your story, and I understand why you are getting reinstated. I agree with your
    last post, though. I could never do this- you gave it the one shot, at least.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit