My reinstatment letter part deux

by nonamegiven 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• nonamegiven
    nonamegiven

Well, a while ago I posted a letter I wrote requesting reinstatment. I waited a while and decided it's time to give it to the guys. I'm going to give it to them tomorrow night. Here's my final (?) version.

I am writing this letter to request reinstatement. While this time of discipline has been hard for myself as well as my family, it has proven Hebrews 12:11 true to me. In the last number of months I have had much work to do. Despite increasing work loads and family commitments, it is clear to myself and my family that I have made great strides. I have found a new level of respect for Jehovah and his laws. I find myself praying to him not only more often now, but much more heartfelt than I knew was even possible a year or so ago. I study for more meetings now than I have for quite a few years and while I would rather not travel for work, I am happy to attend meetings while on the road or get in on the “phone hook-up” when I can’t attend. If I were asked what has helped me to achieve these goals (and others) I would have a complex answer. I first had to fully realize that as Hebrews 12:6 says, Jehovah disciplines those who he loves. This was a major help and comfort for me. I had to follow the admonition at Col. 3:5 and deaden my body members.
    I prayed to Jehovah for help beating this problem of mine for years to no avail. I thought I didn’t deserve his help or holy spirit and allowed myself to slip further into my addiction. It was only a year or so ago that I realized I couldn’t stop this without Jehovah and he wouldn’t stop this without me.I had to pour myself into recovery first, only then was I able to feel the peace that comes from pleasing Jehovah. As I did that, I soon noticed my life changing for the better. I prayed, and still pray to Jehovah continually and I feel from my heart that I have been forgiven by Jehovah. Feeling him in my life and feeling him help heal me is evidence of his great love and mercy.
    Through prayer and counseling, I am able to keep making strides. I also keep Col. 3:7 in mind, “In those very things you, to, once walked when you used to live in them”. I can finally say I “once walked” like that. You can have no idea what that feels like. After a lifetime of failing to control oneself, after failed attempts to stop doing something you don’t even WANT to do, after a lifetime of this to finally be able to say that I am living as Jah commanded is a blessing I didn’t know was possible. Only with Jehovah’s help and an intense amount of work have I been able to stop my addictive behavior. As I stated to you brothers some months ago, I never wanted to do the things I have done. I have been in counseling for some time now because I recognized the fact that I was indeed powerless to my addiction. I deeply regret what I have done to myself, to my family, to Jehovah and his congregation. I don’t know if I can ever remove the reproach I have brought on him and his congregation and I feel great sorrow for this.
    With this changed attitude I began to truly change my life in more ways than one. So now I can humbly ask to be reinstated into the Christian congregation so I can experience Jehovah’s love and forgiveness openly with my brothers and sisters.

any further sugestions?

• Zico
    Zico

I don't see any reason to add to it. I'm sure they'll accept you back in once they read that.

Are you planning to fade once you're reinstated?

• Lumptard
    Lumptard

Include money........

• PEC
    PEC

It must be good, I puked all over my computer.

Philip

• sspo
    sspo

Beautiful letter and i certainly hope no elder in your congr. checks this board.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Personally, I don't care for this part-

Only with Jehovah’s help and an intense amount of work have I been able to stop my addictive behavior. As I stated to you brothers some months ago, I never wanted to do the things I have done. I have been in counseling for some time now because I recognized the fact that I was indeed powerless to my addiction. I deeply regret what I have done to myself, to my family, to Jehovah and his congregation. I don’t know if I can ever remove the reproach I have brought on him and his congregation and I feel great sorrow for this.

That's my take. I still hear you blaming the addiction for your behavior and they won't like that.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

REMOVED- too confusing

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    I thought I was powerless over addictive behavior, and went to counselling. I was helped to see how I damaged my family and I deeply regret that. I will work to make it up to them if they will let me. I don't know if I can ever remove the reproach I have brought upon Jehovah's name and the congregation, but I recognize that I needed to take my human weaknesses to Him before acting upon them, instead of claiming I never wanted to do the things I have done. My discipline has taught me that when I am weak, the power beyond what is normal may be found with God andnotwith ourselves. I feel great sorrow for not coming to Jehovah in my moments of weakness, and only with His help will I be able to put aside sins.

This is to replace what I didn't like. Maybe some others will agree with me, maybe not. They don't want to hear "I couldn't help myself."

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Again, just my opinions- I would remove this-

It was only a year or so ago that I realized I couldn’t stop this without Jehovah and he wouldn’t stop this without me.I had to pour myself into recovery first, only then was I able to feel the peace that comes from pleasing Jehovah. As I did that, I soon noticed my life changing for the better.

Just remove it, replace it with nothing.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I am writing this letter to request reinstatement. While this time of discipline has been hard for myself as well as my family, it has proven Hebrews 12:11 true to me. In the last number of months I have had much work to do. Despite increasing work loads and family commitments, it is clear to myself and my family that I have made great strides. I have found a new level of respect for Jehovah and his laws. I find myself praying to him not only more often now, but much more heartfelt than I knew was even possible a year or so ago. I study for more meetings now than I have for quite a few years and while I would rather not travel for work, I am happy to attend meetings while on the road or get in on the “phone hook-up” when I can’t attend. If I were asked what has helped me to achieve these goals (and others) I would have a complex answer. I first had to fully realize that as Hebrews 12:6 says, Jehovah disciplines those who he loves. This was a major help and comfort for me. I had to follow the admonition at Col. 3:5 and deaden my body members.
    I prayed to Jehovah for help beating this problem of mine for years to no avail. I thought I didn’t deserve his help or holy spirit and allowed myself to slip further into my addiction. It was only a year or so ago that I realized I couldn’t stop this without Jehovah and he wouldn’t stop this without me.I had to pour myself into recovery first, only then was I able to feel the peace that comes from pleasing Jehovah. As I did that, I soon noticed my life changing for the better. I prayed, and still pray to Jehovah continually and I feel from my heart that I have been forgiven by Jehovah. Feeling him in my life and feeling him help heal me is evidence of his great love and mercy.
    Through prayer and counseling, I am able to keep making strides. I also keep Col. 3:7 in mind, “In those very things you, to, once walked when you used to live in them”. I can finally say I “once walked” like that. You can have no idea what that feels like. After a lifetime of failing to control oneself, after failed attempts to stop doing something you don’t even WANT to do, after a lifetime of this to finally be able to say that I am living as Jah commanded is a blessing I didn’t know was possible. Only with Jehovah’s help and an intense amount of work have I been able to stop my addictive behavior. As I stated to you brothers some months ago, I never wanted to do the things I have done. I have been in counseling for some time now because I recognized the fact that I was indeed powerless to my addiction. I deeply regret what I have done to myself, to my family, to Jehovah and his congregation. I don’t know if I can ever remove the reproach I have brought on him and his congregation and I feel great sorrow for this. I thought I was powerless over addictive behavior, and went to counseling. I was helped to see how I damaged my family and I deeply regret that. I will work to make it up to them if they will let me. I don't know if I can ever remove the reproach I have brought upon Jehovah's name and the congregation, but I recognize that I needed to take my human weaknesses to Him before acting upon them, instead of claiming I never wanted to do the things I have done. My discipline has taught me that when I am weak, the power beyond what is normal may be found with God and not with ourselves. I feel great sorrow for not coming to Jehovah in my moments of weakness, and only with His help will I be able to put aside sins. With this changed attitude I began to truly change my life in more ways than one. So now I can humbly ask to be reinstated into the Christian congregation so I can experience Jehovah’s love and forgiveness openly with my brothers and sisters.

That's one opinion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit