ELDERS DEFECTING TO OTHER RELIGIOUS GROUPS

by badboy 27 Replies latest jw friends

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Agape:
    A church is a body of believers, rather than a denomination or building, as I'm sure you'll find even the Reasoning Book renders it. Hence your comment about what a church worships (I can only assume you mean a denomination here) is irrelevant. That you would propose an argument from a position of ignorance, pertaining to my religious practices, is a little worrying. How well do you think you know me?

Further:

It is a fact that most Religions worship Jesus as God.

Ermm, no. Actually its only the Christian religion that worships Jesus. Hindus, Muslims, JWs and a number of others do not.

When you follow the sequence of thoughts found in and around John 6:68 what do you find to be the focus of the Christian? Is it a denomination, a building or a person? I might further add "which person?", but suspect that might be a little too difficult for you to grasp at this juncture.

Confession:You have it summed up pretty well. Most folks dont leave the JWs and start attending, but then neither do the general population attend church. I think the proportion is likely comparable.

Moomanchu:Some smell of incense.

• PaNiCAtTaCk
    PaNiCAtTaCk

The SDA are just another cultish fanatical church. They have a very negative paper trail of prophecies just like the WT except there founder is a women named Ellen White. I cant imagine leaving the JW's only to end up following another loony.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

PA:Which version? There are several, just as there are several Bible Student groups.

A poster here called Barry is a member of a mainstream SDA group that doesn't seem too whacko.

• PaNiCAtTaCk
    PaNiCAtTaCk

sorry, didnt know there were different branches of the SDA. Does Barrys follow the teachings of Ellen White??

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

You'd have to ask Barry for the details, as its been a few years since I discussed the subject with him (albeit I think I've seen him around here in the last 3 months). If its any consolation, I made the same sweeping generalisation and he corrected me. I hadn't realised that there were several branches, either. It wasn't long after that that I started a comparative study of religions and denominations. I hate getting caught with my pants around my ankles when it comes to facts...

• willyloman
    willyloman
    So most likely the Church he defected to does not worship Jehovah as God like he once did.

Yes, and thank God for that.

• jgnat
    jgnat
    moomanchu: Alright I'll bite. What does it smell like?

Incense and candle wax. I'll give the Catholics one thing. Their places of worship involve ALL the senses.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

I too started attending other churches shortly after I was df'd (for apostasy)... months later I became a member of one of them.

I wouldn't call that "defecting to other religious groups" though, inasmuch as I had no contact with them before I was df'd and I had absolutely no idea what I would be doing after. I just couldn't know what my path would be down the next curve...

Also, I wonder why holding a particular position in the JW organisation would make such a shift particularly significant

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit