Please Welcome me

by Sofia Lose 57 Replies latest jw friends

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

Sofia - my websites get many emails from JWs just like you. Some are elders and continue to do their jobs as expected and never let on that they don't believe the WT bullshit at all. Breaking up families is often too traumatic for one person to do. You see this same approach taken by individual Catholics and "practicing" Jews - because if they didn't they would have no family, no friends, no home, no job, and no resources or family inheritance. They would become a nobody to everybody they know.

"Shadow Elder," a New York resident who has been discussed here several times and submitted a post to Ex-JW.com, was just such a person. He did eventually share his feelings with one of his sons. I have not heard from him in years, so my guess is that he and his son continue to pretend to be active and committed JWs just to keep their family together (Shadow told me that his wife would leave him and never let him see his kids again if he ever admitted to being an apostate.)

So Sofia - do what is right for you. But know that you have a very wide selection of friends here and can find excellent support on many ex-JW discussion websites. You will have far more friends than you can imagine who will not criticize you or call you a hypocrite for doing what you feel you have to do. At the same time we all hope that someday you will be able to break free and move away completely.

JV

• smiddy
    smiddy

A big welcome to you from Australia .

smiddy

• EdenOne
    EdenOne
    Welcome, Sofia!
  • KiddingMe
    KiddingMe
    Welcome Sofia!!
  • cha ching
    cha ching
    Welcome from the Wild, Wild West!
  • label licker
    label licker

Welcome Sofia from southern Ontario

• James Mixon
    James Mixon
    Welcome!! Kick off your shoes and have some fun....
  • Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss
    Welcome from Michigan. I am also still in for many of the same reasons as you. I have wondered if I could keep it going permanently. I don't think I can. I'm thinking 5 more years for me. But who knows. Time flies...
  • Perry
    Perry

Welcome!

I took a different path. I now witness to my witness family when I can. I was a 4th generation JW and regular pioneer. Large Sicilian family on my mom's side - most JW's

Every ex-jw will make a decision on this issue:

"He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me." - Jesus

I have not regretted my choice; and Jesus has proven himself closer than a brother to me.

God Bless You!

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy
    Welcome from the UK, fellow faker!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit