Please Welcome me

by Sofia Lose 57 Replies latest jw friends

• Sofia Lose
    Sofia Lose

Greetings!

Have lurked here for many, many years. Female, Latina, middle-aged, born-in, 3rd generation JW, Northeast USA.

My fate is to continue to play the game 'till death do us part because the very strong and tangled web of friends, family, business, etc. that unite me to other JWs. However, knowing TTATT is liberating mentally, guilt trips are no longer an issue.

Have enjoyed this community for years and would like to contribute my perspective from time to time.

Sofia

• Simon
    Simon
    Welcome Sofia, glad to be able to officially welcome you after your years lurking :)
  • OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

Welcome!

I'm finding it to be very difficult indeed to continue going through the motions while knowing it's all BS. Feel free to pm me if you need a listening ear.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    Hi Sofia, welcome to the house of fun.
  • PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

Hi Sofia! Welcome! I am in the northeast too, lovely winter we've been having. Your strategy for dealing with your family and friends is certainly stressful. Wishing you the best in that regard.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher
    Welcome Sofia - from someone else who's faking it!! :)
  • Garrett
    Garrett

Welcome Sofia :)

I hope your time here is both liberating and enlightening!

Peace,

Garrett

• wifibandit
    wifibandit
    I'm a Faker too! I muck things up best I can, when I can :-)
  • Magnum
    Magnum

Welcome. I'm 3rd gen, too.

My fate is to continue to play the game 'till death do us part because the very strong and tangled web of friends, family, business, etc. that unite me to other JWs.

It might not be death that separates you from JWdom. The org has changed and is continuing to change so rapidly that I think it might shrink in the near future and that more people are going to wake up. Some of those JW friends you have might not be JWs in the near future. Heck, they might even be on this site - at least lurking.

• hoser
    hoser

I sometimes wonder how many of us there are who know it is bs but are stuck in for family.

btw welcome to the forum

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit