I have some very good news...

by Abandoned 186 Replies latest jw friends

• seawolf
    seawolf

congrats man! Good things come to those who wait.

• free2think
    free2think

i'm sorry I'm a bit late in saying this but CONGRATULATIONS.I'm so happy for you tom.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Well that is lovely news. Its so cool to find a kindred spirit! So have you met yet?

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Thanks again guys. I'm kind of beside myself right now. We've been talking a lot in the past couple weeks, but yesterday was on a level I have never before experienced. We both stumbled across some keywords that were triggers to previous negative incidents. The amazing thing is that we both showed our vulnerabilites and it drew us closer together. It was very refreshing and I'm more and more impressed with this wonderful lady every day.

Now, we haven't met in person yet. She lives a few states away and we both have some issues to clear up before we want to meet, but I'm very optimistic about how everything is progressing. We talk for hours about anything and like I've mentioned previously, we both get each other's sense of humor. I'm used to my jokes either being missed entirely or considered antagonistic, but we both get each other.

Anyway, I don't know what to think right now. Soon, I'll be taking a road trip and if that works out, very possibly moving to a part of the country I haven't even visited yet. Wow! ]

Wish me luck as in some ways, things are moving fast, but I'm following my intuition very closely on this one, and so far I'm getting mostly green lights. I say mostly because there have been a couple things that have given me reason to pause. The difference is that I've mentioned them to her and we've discussed what was on my mind. We discussed them like adults. I've never had an adult relationship with a woman like this before. I'm used to bringing up a potentially divisive subject and either getting a denial or an argument. Instead I'm getting understanding, empathy, and a desire to reach a friendly compromise. That right there makes me want to grab her and never let go. LOL.

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

Congratulations, Tom!!

• bluebell
    bluebell

Thats great, I'm very pleased for you. And when you can see there are occasional problems it confirms that your not wearing rose-tinted glasses, and makes you more relaxed (thats what i found for myself anyhow). Its great that your able to talk those problems through and get an even greater understanding of each other. Fantastic news. And youre both going to be published? Wow!

• found-my-way
    found-my-way

no matter how much pain we've had in our past,

no matter how much anguish or lonliness we may have felt

isn't funny how a new love can take all that pain in your heart and replace it with great joy?

now all you feel is hope and happiness and excitement!

i am so happy for you, Tom!

like nvr said, ''bask in the warmth of new love'', it's the best feeling there is!

• brunnhilde
    brunnhilde

YAY!! I'm so glad for you - that is so fabulous!!!

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Thanks again for all the wonderful replies.

This wonderful woman amazes me more and more every day...

Here's a song I wrote a few years ago. It wasn't inspired by anyone in particular, but maybe I could tell that Kerri was coming...

The First Date

I’m unsteady…but ready…for our date tomorrow night
    You said, “Yes”…now I’m stressed…but I think I’ll be all right
    That smile…your style…I’m nervous as can be
    But tomorrow…I’ll show…who knows where this might lead?

Chorus:
    Have…I…met the one…who’ll be there every day?
    Are…you…what you seem…special in every way?
    Will…we…get the chance…to know about true love?
    Do…we…have the stuff…that tender songs speak of?

I’m braggin’…tail’s waggin’…our date is almost here
    Bought flowers…empowered…soon our future will be clear
    My shirt’s pressed…it’s my best…I bought a new cologne
    I want to shine…when we dine…I’m embracing the unknown

Chorus:
    Will…this…be a date…we’ll remember for always?
    Are…we…finding something…to chase loneliness away?
    Do…you…see in me…the same I see in you?
    Have…I…found true love…are your intentions true?

It's 8 O’clock…time to rock…I pick you up at home.
    We head out…on the route…to eat under the dome
    The dinner’s…a winner…everything was grand
    And after…our laughter…we listened to the band

Chorus:
    I…think…this will stay…forever in my mind
    I…see…our two hands…eternally entwined
    You…have…made me feel…so welcome and warm
    With…your…gentle love…my heart has been transformed

Our first date…it was fate…and so many years ago
    But still here…it’s so clear…how you set my heart aglow
    For years now…since our vow…we’ve shared a special life
    So I thank you…for all you do…and for staying as my wife

Chorus:
    I…know…what we have…wasn’t born from chance
    It…is…from above…a truly blessed romance
    So…I…have to say…with you I’ll always stay
    And…I…know that you…will brighten every day

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I am so happy things have turned around so dramatically for you. Now I hate to say this, but didn't we tell you things would get better before you knew it?!!

What region does she live in?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit