WHAT CARE AND COUNSELLING DO JWS PROVIDE?

by badboy 21 Replies latest jw friends

• greendawn
    greendawn

They are smart in the way they interpret rules and regulations eg to them giving out money to their missionaries amounts to charity. The regulations allow a lot of flexibility in their interpretation. Of course the WTS does not have a charitable spirit towards both JWs and non JWs.

• loosie
    loosie
    WHAT CARE AND COUNSELLING DO JWS PROVIDE?

The only help I've heard is go out in service more you'll feel better

• Gordy
    Gordy

My "care and counselling" after being diagnosed with acute clinical depression and attemping suicide.

Consisted of Judicial commttee, private reproof, removed as a Min Servant.

Then through my wife, told to leave the family home, because I was a "spiritual danger" to the family.

Oh! I nearly forgot also attend all meetings and get on the field service more.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

They provide absolutely SQUAT, and as a consequence of their many destructive doctrines alot of their members and X members alike eventually have to end up in therapy due to all of the crap they have had to endure.

• choosing life
    choosing life

That they can claim to be a charitable organization is a joke in itself. Maybe they need to check the definition of counseling.

"The use of psychological methods in testing the interests of and giving professional guidance to people." This is according to Webster's dictionary.

They certainly are not professionals nor do they have the individual's interests as their chief concern. The individual is always just a pawn of the organization. The real interest lies in furthering their organization's interests. If you don't fit into their true goal, you are corrected or punished, not counseled.

• parakeet
    parakeet

The CARE they provide is the same care prisons provide for prisoners -- the setting up of walls and fences to make sure no one escapes.

The COUNSELING they provide aims to dupe the prisoners into believing they don't really live in a prison.

• Mary
    Mary
    Its says in many charity commission bits that jw congregation have submitted that they provide care and counselling.

Oh please. These morons don't know the meaning of "care". As far as "counselling" goes, ya, they provide lots of "council" for the following infractions:

1. Missing meetings
    2. Getting less than 10 hours of Service in each month if you're trying to be an MS or elder
    3. Being 18 years old and not baptized
    4. Not including one of the elders' wives in a get-together
    5. Questioning any of their insane doctrines (this one gets you a lot of 'intense counselling')
    6. Going to university
    7. Playing sports after school
    8. Growing a beard (apparently this is okay if you're a woman)
    9. Not wearing nylons even when it's a hundred degrees outside
    10. Kissing someone who you're not legally married to
    11. Going to the police and telling them you were sexually molested by a fellow 'Christian'
    12. Complaining about having to study the Revelation book yet again
    13. Buying a two-door car
    14. Displaying your depression in front of the visiting CO
    15. Accepting Shift work
    16. Not kissing the CO's or DO's ass
    17. Showing too much grief when a family member dies
    18. Doing anything with a family member who's DF'd
    19. Contemplating leaving your husband who's beating you and the kids
    20. Openly ask "where's Armageddon?"

The elders are not trained professionals and should not be counselling anyone about anything. The only advice they seem to be able to give is: Pray more, go out in service more, keep your mouth shut and your doubts to yourself. As for 'care', well, the only time they do that is when there's a natural disaster where they figure they can drum up some business by showing everyone how 'caring' they are.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

As far as councelling, they are really inadequitely qualified to do this, I have seen many elders who didn't know their jack squat about on how to deal with problems, on what to say at the right time, they just don't have the tools needed to concel others.

Councelling others or telling them the Bible verse is a different story but anyone can pick out a Biblical verse whether it applies or not.

Care, I have seen some in my own personal life but there is a huge swing to the uncaring, more words then anything.

abr

• one of 12
    one of 12

Oh they counsel alright. Several years ago, when hubby and I were going through financial strife, a friend contacted a local church group

who delivered to us a food parcel. It happened to be the same evening a local elder was making his yearly visit. He wasn't impressed and

scolded us severly for accepting help from Babylon the Great. Yet they did nothing to help. This week we have had to again rely on B the G

to dispense our food at the proper time. I have had enough of their careless attitude towards others who are supposed to be part of their flock.

Last week at the Uni orentation display, the bro's had a tent and were getting rid of bibles and books to the students. A couple, whom we

have known for many years were there getting their 'pioneer hours' in, and stopped to chat with me as I passed by. They are from another cong

and happened to mention that they had visited our cong the previous week, where a sister had asked after us. I thought 'THE CHEEK!'

What is wrong with her phoning me or calling in when they are out in our part of the territory for field service. They don't call in at all. A neighbour 500 m

down the road had some JW's call in on her several weeks ago and she said to them, "I know someone out here who would really appreciate a visit from you."

They sat upright with excitement on their faces until she told them our names, and then they just said "oh". They never showed up. I don't think

they give a s**t!

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Well, once when I was going through a serious depression, and elder came over and told me to snap out of it. Does that count?

Cog

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit