WHAT CARE AND COUNSELLING DO JWS PROVIDE?

by badboy 21 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

Its says in many charity commission bits that jw congregation have submitted that they provide care and counselling.

what types is that?

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

Sure, especially for women! Pray to Jah more, and be more submissive..............

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Its says in many charity commission bits that jw congregation have submitted that they provide care and counselling.

what types is that?

Yup. They counselled me all the time. I was counselled for having a moustache, being overweight, joining a gym to lose weight, parting my hair in the middle, wearing bright ties, biting my fingernails, wearing t-shirts, wearing prescription sunglasses, taking courses, being in debt, working overtime to pay off my debt, eating souvlaki before the meetings which gave me garlic breath, driving a 2 door van, having a damaged tail light on my car, owning a motorcycle, not commenting enough, not having my wife in subjection, being materialistic, coming to the meeting only 10 minutes early, and a load of other things. I was a very wicked man. Yup, JWs provide a lot of counselling. W

• badboy
    badboy

I understand that in the EU ,you are supposed to have a qualification to be a counsellor(my late mother did.)

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

And when the WTS heirarchy isn't riding its members about various personal dress and deportment matters that are none of their business and for which 99.9% of the WTS heirarchy is totally unqualified, they resort to the ol' "Do more, get in more FS time, study more, get to more meetings, etc., etc., ad infinitum."

That about sums it up.

Frannie

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

The elders are instructed to show that they CARE if you are not at all of the
    indoctrination sessions meetings and show that they CARE if you did not
    sell magazines for many hours preach regularly each month.

They are instructed to COUNSEL you for any of the above, and also for
    doing anything that doesn't conform to their standards.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    WHAT CARE AND COUNSELLING DO JWS PROVIDE?

A lot of "you can't because it is displeasing to Jehovah"

A lot of "do more because it is pleasing to Jehovah"

• mia_b
    mia_b

A lot of counselling but not much care!

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

The individuals are counseled to advance the financial prosperity of the organization while denying the individual wants and needs.

They are counselled not to enjoy this life, the only life that any one is sure about, for a fantasy life of which there is no proof.

If you go against their counsell they will take care to further wreck your misserable life and kick you to the gutter.

• atypical
    atypical

They provide counsel on everything from the size of your earrings to the length of your sideburns.

As far as care.....well, they only really care if you're fucking, smoking, or apostasizing.

I'm personally trying to do all three.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit